• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help I posted some GPS issues I was havingfor those having When I bought the mome itIback!

vinscuzzy

Nov 6, 2009
Sorry about the thread title, tried to edit it but it wont stick.......

When I purchased the moment I already knew about its lack of aGPS and possible small GPS antenna. So when I got home and had terrible performance, I wasn't suprised. Then it got worse where it would see the satellites, but never lock on them. If I left it outside for like 5 minutes it would get a lock, but driving would result in jumping all over google maps, and constant recalcualting routes in sprint navi. I put up with it for like 3 days and finally had enough, took it back, and got a new one. What a HUGE difference. Its still by no means as good as it was on the pre, or diamond, or mogul, but it was MUCH better than my previous moment. I can actually get a signal indoors most of the time now, and navigation doesn't jump around or report false locations. I haven't enabled the wireless networks yet in settings, and I'm sure if I do it'll still say I'm in africa, but in all cases the GPS is working much better. Just thought id give everyone a heads up with my experience..........

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones