• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I really don't like Gallery, any alternatives?

I really don't like the Gallery app. I'd prefer the photo gallery to be simpler and let me just flick through photos without any whizzy 3d effects. Is there a way to get the default Photos/Pictures app that some phones came with, or is there any good alternatives people would recommend?

I just tried JustPictures but you can't send to other apps for editing, like PicSay Pro etc. I have settled on 3D Gallery, it is free and it looks just like the default Gallery app, but it is a lot faster (It shows a lower-res image initially, and loads only if you stay at that image). And it lets you send to all other apps nicely. Maybe not what the OP wants but it resolved slow responsiveness of the default app that was driving me nuts.

Upvote 0
Anyone know why 3D Gallery needs the following?

Your Location
- Course location, fine location

Your Accounts
- Manage the accounts list, use the authentication credentials of an account.

Also, when you try to go to the Dev's web site, it is not there. Bluehost.com

I believe it is to log into Picasa etc to upload photos, and I think the issue with the domain is just that their domain expired, common for non-professional developers giving away free products :p

Upvote 0
I also downloaded just pictures. However, can anyone tell me how I can make justpictures the default picture viewer? For example, when I open up pictures in my camera program, it jumps to gallery and I cant change it to justpictures?

I'm not certain, but you might try going to Settings>Applications>Manage applications>

Once there hit Menu and select Filter. A pop up will appear. Select All. Then find Gallery and see if it's set to default under Launch by default. If it is, clear that.

The next time you want to look at pictures and get a popup, see if JustPictures is there and be sure to mark the checkbox to use it as default for future use.

Reactions: Harry2
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones