• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I really hope

Hopefully Evo doesn't spam me with facebook & twit crap....We better be able to just disable & erase the apps we want to erase.

This is just me I was into Facebook just don't like it anymore & hate seeing it everywhere.

I am confused by this thread, but at any rate the only thing you can delete is what you installed. Unless you root the phone then you can delete all you want.

And who is EVO and why would he spam you?

Upvote 0
I am confused by this thread, but at any rate the only thing you can delete is what you installed. Unless you root the phone then you can delete all you want.

And who is EVO and why would he spam you?

Sorry it's going to be my first android phone but in Samsung Eternity you can't do shit. I have been looking at reviews & videos about EVO 4g all I saw was how facebook & twitter are everywhere integrated into the phone's software....that just annoys me.

I don't want to be playing with my phone & see facebook this ...twitter that crap

Upvote 0
Sorry it's going to be my first android phone but in Samsung Eternity you can't do shit. I have been looking at reviews & videos about EVO 4g all I saw was how facebook & twitter are everywhere integrated into the phone's software....that just annoys me.

Oh I see what you mean, yes they are there and no you still can't uninstall them unless you root, which mean you have complete control over your phone.
You can choose to sign up for them though, if you don't you just don't use them and you will not even know they are there.

Upvote 0

I don't to be playing with my phone & see facebook this ...twitter that crap

They are just application widgets that you are seeing. I have an android phone and all that crap is on my phone but I don't use tweet or facebook or any of that crap and you wont get anything from them. The widgets can be removed from the home screens. Its not anything to even be concerned with. Trust me. They just show that shit to so that people that do use it see how easy it is to access it.

Upvote 0
I was browsing through appbrain the other day and noticed that a lot of apps had reviews where people were complaining that they were not able to delete the app once installed.

I would think because most of those people are ******ed:D
I have never come up with that before, have never even read it on a forum, only on the reviews.

Upvote 0
I was browsing through appbrain the other day and noticed that a lot of apps had reviews where people were complaining that they were not able to delete the app once installed.

That's bogus. Any app I have ever installed I can remove. Like the other poster (Roman G.) said, you can uninstall stock apps as well if you root your phone.

Upvote 0
wtf.gif

Okay first, just get the UnInstaller 3rd party app. That solves that problem.

Second, you can fully customize your phone screens. So just toss out the widgets like FB, FriendStream, etc, that you don't want. Not a problem either.

Upvote 0
wtf.gif

Okay first, just get the UnInstaller 3rd party app. That solves that problem.

Second, you can fully customize your phone screens. So just toss out the widgets like FB, FriendStream, etc, that you don't want. Not a problem either.

Just to clarify even with the UnInstaller 3rd party app you can still only uninstall apps that you have installed, I only clarify this because I know you said you are new to android.

Upvote 0
Oh I see what you mean, yes they are there and no you still can't uninstall them unless you root, which mean you have complete control over your phone.
You can choose to sign up for them though, if you don't you just don't use them and you will not even know they are there.

if you delete everything you want once you root the phone and then you decide to go back to factory settings, will everything youve deleted be restored?

Upvote 0
I'm just going to throw this out here right now and say that there will be 10+ posts on June 4th/June 5th about how to stop Facebook friends from showing up in your contacts list.

The integration that HTC's UI has with Facebook and twitter is pretty intense and a lot of people did not like it over in the HTC Incredible forum.

Personally I found it annoying but there were ways to work around different aspects of the Facebook integration.

Upvote 0
I'm just going to throw this out here right now and say that there will be 10+ posts on June 4th/June 5th about how to stop Facebook friends from showing up in your contacts list.

The integration that HTC's UI has with Facebook and twitter is pretty intense and a lot of people did not like it over in the HTC Incredible forum.

Personally I found it annoying but there were ways to work around different aspects of the Facebook integration.

I am sure there will be, but the peeps in this thread don't even want to use it so they have no worries.
I also never had the contact problem, even with 3000 FB friends it would only sync the ones that I had a google contact with.

Upvote 0
I am sure there will be, but the peeps in this thread don't even want to use it so they have no worries.
I also never had the contact problem, even with 3000 FB friends it would only sync the ones that I had a google contact with.

Well I'm just going on what my experiences were with the Incredible which is running the exact same version of Android and Sense as the Evo.

We'll see on release date I guess.

Upvote 0
Well I'm just going on what my experiences were with the Incredible which is running the exact same version of Android and Sense as the Evo.

We'll see on release date I guess.

No worries man, I have also heard that many had the same problem, but I found it most with people running many of the available Dev. roms out there.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones