1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root I rooted -and am SO glad!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ChristineO, Nov 8, 2010.

1. ChristineO

ChristineO Newbie

Jul 18, 2010
    I finally took the plunge. I read forums and researched for days before deciding to root. Basically - I just wanted a phone that had no lag. I was sick of the delay and lock ups. Sometimes it took minutes to make a simple phone call.

The actual rooting part (using 1 click root method found in my Market Apps) was VERY simple! I decided to then flash XtraSense - as right now, I really don't have the time to learn/figure out a new layout. I struggled a bit with flashing - just because I couldn't seem to find a post on exactly HOW to find the ROM I wanted. Downloading it to my computer got a bit tricky as on the download page there was a lot of other garble. But I waded through it and got the ROM downloaded.

Once I plugged my phone into my computer - it was easy to drag and drop the file to my root directory. From there - I found a post that said to wipe the cache files and load file. I was then surprised at how easy it was. I was just unsure as I felt I needed to have my hand held and walked through it! But nope - it was EASY!!!

It took a few days for my phone to work out some tiny bugs. And it was a bit of a pain reloading all my settings. I used Titanium to back up as well. But now - a few days later - I am SO happy!!! My phone is SO quick. Eventually I will flash a different ROM - when I have more free time on my hands to play around with it.

For anyone on the fence - JUMP IN! It's totally worth it. BTW - I have no techie background and know very little about programming, etc. I managed to get this done thanks to the countless number of posts by people willing to help newbies out....and because of the programs they have developed to help make it easier. Thank you to everyone!

Advertisement

2. doogald

doogald Android Expert

Jan 7, 2010
    Welcome, congratulations and thanks for your post. Do try other ROMs, but don't be surprised if you come back to xtrSENSE - it's a darned solid build.

3. Thornfullessrose

Thornfullessrose Android Expert

May 20, 2010
    Student
    Philadelphia, PA
    Welcome to the Matrix.:cool:

4. Haxcid

Haxcid Android Enthusiast

Dec 31, 2009
    Trying ROMS becomes like crack only with out all the side effects.

5. nathanirwin311

nathanirwin311 Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2009
    Clinton, TN
    Well, it might have some of the side effects...I'm constantly checking XDA for the latest and greatest, like a junkie sifting through carpet fuzz looking for a rock ;) But welcome to the rooted world. It hope that you like it here.

6. Praetorian

Praetorian Well-Known Member

May 11, 2010
    IT Manager
    Las Vegas, NV
    Its been almost a week since I flashed a new rom...I need my fix.