• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root I rooted -and am SO glad!

ChristineO

Jul 18, 2010
I finally took the plunge. I read forums and researched for days before deciding to root. Basically - I just wanted a phone that had no lag. I was sick of the delay and lock ups. Sometimes it took minutes to make a simple phone call.

The actual rooting part (using 1 click root method found in my Market Apps) was VERY simple! I decided to then flash XtraSense - as right now, I really don't have the time to learn/figure out a new layout. I struggled a bit with flashing - just because I couldn't seem to find a post on exactly HOW to find the ROM I wanted. Downloading it to my computer got a bit tricky as on the download page there was a lot of other garble. But I waded through it and got the ROM downloaded.

Once I plugged my phone into my computer - it was easy to drag and drop the file to my root directory. From there - I found a post that said to wipe the cache files and load file. I was then surprised at how easy it was. I was just unsure as I felt I needed to have my hand held and walked through it! But nope - it was EASY!!!

It took a few days for my phone to work out some tiny bugs. And it was a bit of a pain reloading all my settings. I used Titanium to back up as well. But now - a few days later - I am SO happy!!! My phone is SO quick. Eventually I will flash a different ROM - when I have more free time on my hands to play around with it.

For anyone on the fence - JUMP IN! It's totally worth it. BTW - I have no techie background and know very little about programming, etc. I managed to get this done thanks to the countless number of posts by people willing to help newbies out....and because of the programs they have developed to help make it easier. Thank you to everyone!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones