• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root I rooted, my phone is slower. Help?

txmdrums

Aug 8, 2010
About a week ago I rooted my phone. Mind you, I didn't have HUGE lag issues like most before I rooted. Just the minor complaints that most had.

I'm currently running Plain Jane v2 with a2sd and OC. I'm clocking at 710/528, yet my phone is laggier than ever. I'm at my wits end trying to get this phone to work at a substantial speed before I go off to college. At some points my phone seems really super-snappy, but those moments are short lived.

Linpack averages that my MFLOPS is about 0.96 at all times. I read that the standard for the eris is 3.0, and I'm unsure why my phone is running this slow.

Does someone know some tricks, or a rom that may help my phone out? I'm dying to just have something to make my phone usable. Thanks a ton.

I
About a week ago I rooted my phone. Mind you, I didn't have HUGE lag issues like most before I rooted. Just the minor complaints that most had.

I'm currently running Plain Jane v2 with a2sd and OC. I'm clocking at 710/528, yet my phone is laggier than ever. I'm at my wits end trying to get this phone to work at a substantial speed before I go off to college. At some points my phone seems really super-snappy, but those moments are short lived.

Linpack averages that my MFLOPS is about 0.96 at all times. I read that the standard for the eris is 3.0, and I'm unsure why my phone is running this slow.

Does someone know some tricks, or a rom that may help my phone out? I'm dying to just have something to make my phone usable. Thanks a ton.

I'm running the same rom on my eris and my speed is only about 1 second behind my buddys incredible. I don't know what overclocking app ur using, probably setcpu, I just use overclock widget. Also you can go beyond 710 I set my max @ 768 & min @ 710 then go into advanced settings on overclock widget & set speeds (freq) @ like 480 max 240 min for when screen is off then @ the bottom hit save

Upvote 0
I

I'm running the same rom on my eris and my speed is only about 1 second behind my buddys incredible. I don't know what overclocking app ur using, probably setcpu, I just use overclock widget. Also you can go beyond 710 I set my max @ 768 & min @ 710 then go into advanced settings on overclock widget & set speeds (freq) @ like 480 max 240 min for when screen is off then @ the bottom hit save

I use SetCPU as well. I've gone beyond 710 for short periods of time, and the initial speedburst is good, but it soon lags and all of them feel about the same. Besides, after reading around, it seems that most agree that 710 is the max you should ever set the eris at - if you don't want to run into long term problems.

My phone is on 528/480 when the screen is off. Any lower was giving me lag when I turned the screen back on. (Even though lag is still very much prevalent.) I'm not doing anything wrong with OCing.

Upvote 0
I only did the first wipe, and it was bliss when I installed my first rom (senseable). With the correct setcpu profiles and getting rid of all those craplications...

if you did a full NAND backup on your stock setup, why not just wipe again and try something like evil eris or xtrROM which should *definitely* be fast. it would only be a few more minutes of your time either way.

Reactions: txmdrums
Upvote 0
So, is there any hope for me or should I just unroot?

Yes try a custom rom that is close to the stock feel (any sense based roms) you'll get the added bonus of performance and reliability. If you don't like it and want to go back to stock you can. Just do a NAND backup prior to flashing any roms.

Rooting and not using custom roms is pointless. My phone was unusable stock. Rooting and experimenting with all of the different roms helped me understand the phone better. It's like a new phone once it's rooted and you find the right balance of performance and ease of use.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones