• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I rooted.. now what?

Okay, I finally sucked it up and rooted my phone!

Now what? I've installed the wireless tethering and gave that a try.. anybody have any suggestions? I'm not sure about custom ROM yet, but i'll get there.. baby steps.. lol

flash darch's rom 2.7..heard it's pretty good in all aspects..

fresh's roms are pretty stable and fast

Upvote 0
haha, thanks.. let me ask a total noob question... how do i install a custom rom? I've been searching the forum, and I see so many options I"m afraid I'm gonna pick the wrong one!!

just save the custom rom to the root of your sd card then reboot into recovery then flash it!

it's as simple as that!

but don't forget to wipe that azz!! lol *always wipe before flashing different roms; create nandroid backups in case something goes wrong like jxr94 said*

Reactions: ashley82303
Upvote 0
okay I updated to the new fresh rom!! I love it! Thanks again for the help!

Rockstar: Once you d/l the rom you want you just mount your phone to your computer, and copy the zip file on to the sd card.. don't put it in a folder just put it on the card!

I followed these steps and it worked great: How To: Load a Custom ROM on Your HTC Hero | TheUnlockr

Reactions: rockstar420
Upvote 0
ok, so another quick question. now that i rooted my phone, im tryin to do the nandroid backup thing. and it keeps saying: Error : Run 'nandroid-mobile.sh' via adb!

im pretty sure i missed a command or something. can someone help again? i obviously know i gotta do this in the command prompt but i dunno what to put in?!

Upvote 0
ok, so another quick question. now that i rooted my phone, im tryin to do the nandroid backup thing. and it keeps saying: Error : Run 'nandroid-mobile.sh' via adb!

im pretty sure i missed a command or something. can someone help again? i obviously know i gotta do this in the command prompt but i dunno what to put in?!

i keep getting this too..not sure why :(

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones