1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

I screwed up bad PLEASE HELP

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Tawmus, Sep 6, 2011.

1. Tawmus

Tawmus Lurker

So I don't know a whole lot about computers/phones and I made an attempt at rooting my phone using Cyanogen Mod 7 through ROM Manager. I thought I was doing pretty good but when I finally got it started up I realized the mistake that I had made. When I was installing Cyanogen it had the option to also install Google Apps. I figured I could just get this later, however apparently I cannot... :(Now I have no Android Market or anything.. So what I've tried to do is go back into ROM Manager and redownload it with Google Apps but when I tap Download ROM a window pops up that says "You must upgrade your ROM Manager to the latest version!" I then tap "OK" and an error message pops up saying "Sorry!: The application ROM Manager (process com.koushikdutta.rommanager) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again." I tap "Force Close" and then I go back to the home screen.

tl;dr- I tried rooting my phone, didnt install google apps. ****ed up bad. help me please

ANY HELP IS GREATLY APPRECIATED

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. fritszol

fritszol Newbie

Okay, calm down :)

Root explorer (my favorite)
    astro file manager
    or other file managers

You said you dont have market so, i guess ill have to send you one app ;)

-*-* http://www.megaupload.com/?d=72JTEIAG *-*-

after that, you can acces the system apps by using the app, and press back all the way untill you're in te root.

then go in to system/apps and choose the apps you want to use! (vending.apk = market)

Send the .apk file to your phone, and install it. That way you can download all the apps you wanted to your phone again!

If nothing works, then you might do a clean reinstall of the stockrom. I really hope you have one, because otherwise you have to google your ass of! :p

make a folder on the root of your SDcard called "dload"

Put the original stockrom (.zip) file into the dload-folder on the sdcard.

Press some buttons on your phone and it will start installing the stock clean rom (on the huawei u8150 it is "red button + volume up + power" you should find out what it is for your phone)

And then you have to root all over again but without screwing up ;)

good luck!

(also you can download the apk files with your computer..)

Press thanks if i helped you :)

HTC Incredible S Forum

The HTC Incredible S release date was February 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.0" inch screen, 8MP camera, 768GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1450mAh battery.

February 2011
Release Date
Reviews