1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General I see it a lot.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by gohausmachine, May 31, 2011.

1. gohausmachine

gohausmachine Well-Known Member
    None

People comparing the Sensation and the EVO 3D. One of the big factors being the 1GB of RAM in the EVO making it the clear dominator. I've been thinking though isn't that slightly little bit of RAM enough to not notice and just there to help the EVO with it's 3D processing? I was just wondering if anyone else thinks similarly.

Advertisement

2. SRH12

SRH12 Member
    None

Apr 28, 2011
    I'm not sure what to make of that extra bit of ram. Could if be for the 3d capabilities, or will it lead to an edge over the sensation for gaming and apps down the road?

I guess we really wont know until they are both out and the onslaught of head 2 head comparisons come rushing out, and you know they will. Maybe the 3d will be a little quicker because of the ram, or maybe itll be slower because of the 3d.

I for one, am very interested in a direct comparison of performance before making a decision. However, many people are now thinking that the sensation will hit t mobile weeks before the 3d drops on sprint. I dont know if I can wait long enough to seem them compared. Ive been waiting for both of these phones so long that every passing week now feels like a month! Its a pity as I was really hoping theyd both drop in the same week and I could make my decision asap.

3. UBRocked

UBRocked VZW Nexus Please!!!
    None

Jan 31, 2010
    Ohio

That's cause so many people want to make a big deal out of everything. I wouldn't waste too much time thinking about it. The Sensatation and EVO 3D will both operate well I'm sure. At least you have a dual core processor. But even with a single core...I'm not ever left wishing my TBolt was moving faster.

Gmash and alamoe like this.
  4. jggonzalez

jggonzalez Member
    None

Mar 1, 2011
    Anandtech did a benchmark run on both the Sensation and the Evo 3D. Here's a link to the article: AnandTech - Hands on and Benchmarks of two MSM8x60 Phones - HTC Sensation 4G and HTC EVO 3D . As you can see, the EVO 3D is consistently ahead of the Sensation. The difference is very small and probably translates to milliseconds in real-world applications, but I'm wondering if its due to variation from phone to phone, or if its due to the little bit of extra RAM. Any ideas?

5. SDscorch

SDscorch Android Enthusiast
    None

its tempting to say RAM

huh

6. BiGMERF

BiGMERF Android Expert
    None

the difference is minor.. 3d on a phone? really? common. its unnecessary . I have a 3d tv and barely use the function

7. SDscorch

SDscorch Android Enthusiast
    None

zackly!

+1

8. UBRocked

UBRocked VZW Nexus Please!!!
    None

Jan 31, 2010
    Ohio

But you bought a 3D TV right? 3D might not be that incredibly useful...but 3D is just so trendy these days. :)

Mjght just be a marketing ploy...but it's still pretty cool to think about have far these phones are coming in a very short amount of time...3D or no 3D.