• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I set my density too high (Really need help !)

zbeyuz

Lurker
Apr 21, 2012
Hi, I accidentally set a screen density at 240, while my phone's original value was 160, so now I can't unlock my lock screen, since the screen is too large. I tried to boot into factory recovery mode to do a hard reset and everything went back to original expected for the screen.

Then the problem now becomes more complicated, I can't check both USB Debug and Install From Unknown Resources and I also lost SU access.

The phone that I am using is China phone, running CPU MTK6516.

Does anybody have any idea how to fix it ?

Hi jerofld, I am using a china phone model: W008+ which is running Android 2.2. Unfortunately, I don't have clockwork recovery installed in my phone, but I did try to boot into factory recovery mode. However, there was no function call recovery. I think I need to do a recovery on the computer, but I can't find who is the manufacturer of this phone in order to get a original rom.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones