• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help I solved it myself Locking and unlocking the phone

markdoc

Android Expert
Jun 28, 2011
Suburb of New York City, NY, USA
I'm having a problem locking my phone without turning of the power. When I push the power button and let go, the screen turns off. I have the fingerprint sensor set to unlock the phone. The problem is when the screen is off and I push the power button, the screen turns back on but it isn't locked. Touching the fingerprint sensor also turns it back on unlocked as it should. When I power off the phone and restart it, I have to use my pattern to unlock the phone. Why can't I lock my phone without shutting off the power. I have the setting to lock the phone with the power button turned on. Using or not using the AOD has no effect. Screenshot_20200326-200925.png
Please help.

Dude what was it?? I was researching for you I couldn't find anything :(
There is an obscure setting under
General - Lock Screen & Security - Secure Lock Settings - Smart Lock(unlock setting) - Then there are 3 choices: On body detection, Trusted Places & Trusted devices. I had forgotten that I had played with these a while ago. I had entered my home address in trusted places and I couldn't lock my phone at home. It took me a while to finally find it.
Thanks for trying.

Upvote 0
There is an obscure setting under
General - Lock Screen & Security - Secure Lock Settings - Smart Lock(unlock setting) - Then there are 3 choices: On body detection, Trusted Places & Trusted devices. I had forgotten that I had played with these a while ago. I had entered my home address in trusted places and I couldn't lock my phone at home. It took me a while to finally find it.
Thanks for trying.

Ahh ok awesome at least you got it man, and my pleasure!

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones