1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root I started this post with 1 ?. now I have 2?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by mbancroft, Apr 14, 2011.

1. mbancroft

mbancroft Android Enthusiast
    None

Feb 11, 2011
    yo
    yo
    Using kings GB with Savage V1.6 cfs havs.

Original ?: when selecting a ring tone or notification sound it only allows you to look in the "ring tone" folder for this rom.. so I took a sound and(using root explorer) "copied and past" it to the folder: system\media\audio\ringtones. After going back into menu\settings\sound\ring tones... I noticed it was still not listed.. so after investigating changed the "permission" to match all other files in this folder and added the under scores to the file name...... but it is still not available in the ring tones folder. how can I fix this?

new ?: I took a shower came out and now have no 3g.. I have not tried restoring to a previous status ( cause I am sure it will work ) I want my 3g back on my current status. I have no idea how to fix this...help please...

Advertisement

2. wake69

wake69 Android Expert
    None

Jun 8, 2010
    Security Engineer
    Georgia
    1. make a folder on the root of your sdcard and name it media.

put a folder inside the media folder and name it ringtones. put file there reboot phone and it should come up.

2. When i first flashed this rom i had a similar problem. i put phone into airplane mode and then out of airplane mode and problem solved. you can also try a reboot.

mbancroft likes this.
  3. evomattnc

evomattnc Android Expert
    None

Feb 10, 2011
    Mechanical Engineer for GE Nuclear
    NC

Why don't you just navigate to media file in music and long press and set as ring tone? That not work either?

4. mbancroft

mbancroft Android Enthusiast
    None

Feb 11, 2011
    yo
    yo
    ya u can do that fora ring tone but not a notification. Also I dont want to have to go through all that in root explorer just to change a ring tone or notifaction

5. wake69

wake69 Android Expert
    None

Jun 8, 2010
    Security Engineer
    Georgia

you can attach your phone to pc and do it there

6. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Android Expert
    None

Jun 27, 2010
    Phones
    Over Yonder
    When you add a sound to system media you have to reboot before it will show up. This is the case with any system file that you add delete or change.

For 3g toggling 3g off then on or toggling airplane typically fixes it. What prl. Are you using? Sometimes unchecking roaming data will fix it.

Btw adding tones to system.media is the best way ...they will always work and they don't get affected by app updates ie they will still work while you are connected to a PC where if they were on your SD card they wont

Tags: