1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

I sure miss my Note 2.....update.....it's BACK! :)

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by excav8ter, Jun 30, 2013.

1. excav8ter

excav8ter Android Enthusiast

Well, my already cracked screen took another hit yesterday.....now it's totally shot. I had to swap it out for an Epic 4G touch I had laying around.....wow! I feel like I've been kicked back to the stoneage with this device! I feel paralized with out my GN2.
    To make matters worse, the GN2 is still on back order at BB. They ordered one, but said it could be 2 weeks...possibly more. Ugh.....I have the insurance, but I may have to just buy one so I don't lose my mind.....

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. whitecollar

whitecollar Clericus Geekicus

UGH. Sorry. I'm glad that you had the insurance!

3. saltz

saltz Well-Known Member

Not sure of your budget, but you can get good phones from swappa.com. Way better than e-Bay.

excav8ter likes this.
  4. excav8ter

This thing is painfully SLOW! I swung into Best Buy this morning and found out I'm looking at two weeks ...and then they will probably issue a gift card for the outright purchase of a new Note 2 .....or what ever phone i want...

5. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique

Is your E6GT rooted? There's still some positive development going on for it:
    Epic 4G Touch - All Things Root - Android Forums

excav8ter likes this.
  6. excav8ter

I don't know enough about rooting to do it for 2 weeks. :) I am surprised to hear that there is still some developement work for this thing.

I thought about buying from Craigslist or something similar....but i think i can hold out for 2 weeks.....maybe less.

7. Wiley_11

Wiley_11 Android Enthusiast

I don't envy your position. I've developed an *unhealthy bond* with my Note II over the last 8 months. Hope your situation is resolved sooner than later! :D

excav8ter likes this.
  8. excav8ter

I guess i had not realized just how much i rely on it for everday things. I use it more than my sweet azz Lenovo Yoga Idea Pad, which i also really like. I don't even use my tablet anymore. :D

9. excav8ter

....Half way through my second week...this Epic 4G SUCKS compared to my Note 2! AAAGGGHHHHH ....I hope Best Buy comes through this Saturday or before....

10. excav8ter

Best Buy called yesterday to inform me that my Note 2 is ready for pick up....ran in last night to get it....wow, did I miss the size and speed of this thing! All is well again..... :)

11. NeoGrandizer

NeoGrandizer Android Expert

Now you can throw a welcome back party for it. ;)

12. Wiley_11

Wiley_11 Android Enthusiast

:party:........:D

13. Caloy

Caloy Android Expert

Congrats!

Sent using the force

14. excav8ter

Now i just have to try and keep this one in good shape until the GN3 comes out.... I don't want to have to go back to the Epic 4g......ever....again! I am getting the GN3 and probably keep the GN2 as a back up.... :)

15. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique

Welcome back! :)
    I just got an S3 myself and enjoying it so far. If we stick with Verizon, a Note 3 may be my next device come this winter.

16. drexappeal

drexappeal Extreme Android User

2 weeks came here quicker than you thought it would! Glad you got it back.

In case you are wanting full body coverage, might want to give this case a try.
    For Samsung Galaxy Note II 2 T889 T Mobile Black Full Body Case Cover Accessory | eBay

Same case, top seller, cheaper price:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/BLACK-FULL-...t=US_Cell_Phone_PDA_Cases&hash=item232c8bd661

excav8ter likes this.
  17. excav8ter

I had the Best Buy Platinum case on it the first time the screen broke. ...the second time I had an Otterbox defender case....but it wasn't in it when the screen cracked. I will definitely be using my Otterbox case, but I will probably look for something "slimmer" for when I'm not working.

Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Note 2 release date was September 2012. Features and Specs include a 5.5" inch screen, 8MP camera, 2GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 3100mAh battery.

September 2012
Release Date
Reviews