• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help I there a problem with my Wildfire or the market place?

LesTom1

Oct 10, 2010
Evening folks, over the last couple of nights I have tried to install various apps from the Android market. Trouble is, every one has come up with "Download unsuccessful" in the notification bar.
Is there a problem/lack of storage space on either my Wildfire or the market place?

Thanks in advance, folks. :)

Evening folks, over the last couple of nights I have tried to install various apps from the Android market. Trouble is, every one has come up with "Download unsuccessful" in the notification bar.
Is there a problem/lack of storage space on either my Wildfire or the market place?

Thanks in advance, folks. :)
Hi there
Can you give us a specific app you cant download? Then we can try on our phones. I have discovered a lot of apps, which appear in search, but are not available on the market. I then sometimes cancel the download and afterwards try again, then it downolads.
Furthermore I have a friend with X10 and SW1.5. With same promlems. He has been adviced to uninstall updates in settings/applications/administrate programs/market. And then try again.
Dont know if that will help you on SW2.1.

Upvote 0
Hi there
Can you give us a specific app you cant download? Then we can try on our phones. I have discovered a lot of apps, which appear in search, but are not available on the market.

I've tried 5 different apps, all with no joy. I lately tried to download "Talking Tom Cat" which my wife downloaded and installed on her Wildfire last week, but no joy for me.
My wife is now telling me that she has the same problem as me!!

Upvote 0
Hmm strange. I presume its the "free" version we're talkin about?
I first tried with 3G connection and the download started. On 14% it stopped, but every time I tapped the progressbar it increased with a few kb. Never seen that before...:thinking:

I discovered it was a fairly big download and switched to WL lan. There the download is auto cancelled after a few seconds??
Try scanning the image in the right side on this page. You have to install Barcode scanner first, if not already on your phone.
Talking Tom Cat Free ~ Android Application v1.2.3 By Outfit7 Ltd. | Entertainment

(Just below the ratings curves.)

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I had the same problem all yesterday afternoon. When I got home yesterday evening, I cancelled 3 stuck downloads, force-closed the Market app, re-ran it, then started the downloads again. They all came down quickly and installed OK. Maybe you could try this.

This did work matey, but only for 2 downloads. Thanks because i got the 2 i was wanting so great pal :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones