1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root i think i almost bricked my phone

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by nu2moding, Aug 18, 2011.

1. nu2moding

nu2moding Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 14, 2011
    ok, here's the thing-i had rooted using gingerbreak,, bought root explorer, etc, then accidently tried to flash this [Huawei Ideos C8150 / U8150][General Development][Update 01-04-2011] - xda-developers
    using cwm,-(going thru ideos u8150 thingy) i backed up, tried to flash then recover since the aforementioned rom made the huawei logo stay on for like 30 min b4 i pulled the batt.
    that said wen i tried to recover, i got back a md5 mismatch-:eek:
    luckily i had an ultrajack backup made the day b4, but since im nu2moding, it took me a while to guess that i should re-fastboot UJ and use the nandroid from there. that made the fon work, BUT now every time i try to flash ANY rom, including the stock one posted elsewhere on here, i get "cant find update script".
    :eek:
    did i make a BIG boo boo or is it repairable?

Advertisement

2. CyberTails

CyberTails Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 8, 2011
    Male
    1. as I said before in the M835 Guide, flashing any big mod like CM7 or similiar shouldn't be installed right away as I tested a couple myself (CM7 and FusionIDEOS 2.7.4) and both gave me 1 or more issues

2. I also prefer UJ over CWM because of the MD5 Mismatch nonsense with CWM, so I'm glad that you rescued your phone from almost-bricking

3. Did you try flashing again with UJ or CWM?

3. nu2moding

None

Aug 14, 2011
    I flashed with uj but didn't try with cwm.
    can that be y I can't even flash the stock rom posted in this forum?
    I even tried to flash a ideos8150 w/multitouch rom n still the " can't find update script" appears n that's the main thing that has me worried/concerned

4. CyberTails

CyberTails Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 8, 2011
    Male
    You shouldn't worry, Aftermarket ROMs I believe are not that compatible with the M835 yet, the only things I have managed to install successfully was either backups I made with UJ or Boot Screens (i.e. the ones I use with the tutorial I written earlier) :)

5. nu2moding

None

Aug 14, 2011
    call me paranoid but sum1 told me that u can recover n still have the system folder(?) jacked up.
    that's wat I think mite have happened since I keep getting s script read errors on everything.
    ima try n change d boot sound later n see if, folowing2d letter info provided elsewhere on here, if I get any probs

6. KillSwitch007

KillSwitch007 Lurker
    None

Oct 3, 2011
  7. nu2moding

None

Aug 14, 2011
    but will this work on the m835?

nevermind
    IT DOESNT!!! smart lil me decided to do this and ended up with no boot or poweron.
    call n end lights flash n red LED blinks, vibes once then turns off...
    i guess its officially bricked:(

8. DerekElensar

DerekElensar Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 14, 2011
    Soundboard Technician
    Grand Rapids, MI
    really? I got stuck in a boot loop(it would boot up past the "hello, hello, hello" part of the metro pcs boot screen, and then restart completely and do it all over again), and when I did this, it worked perfectly...

it should start up with the factory reset screen

(btw, I was reading that article, and saw that sometimes there are still "ghosts" in the machine... when you do a factory reset, does this happen? I'd like to factory reset my phone sometime and not have little gremlins running around..)

Tags: