1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

i think i blew my wifi out

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by gamer30168, Aug 16, 2012.

1. gamer30168

gamer30168 Android Enthusiast

Hello Everyone....My wifi isnt working anymore. In wifitether the error log says driver couldnt load....at this point no big deal..i flash a new kernel....same shit...flash a different new kernel....no go....flash a different ROM and Kernel..no go....I restored from a known good ROM and Kernel...no go....I restored from the point that i had set RIGHT after I upgraded from ZVD...NO GO!! wtf???
    I do recall using an app called netinspector pro which sniffs packets and needed a module installed.I think it was a bootleg module but it worked. Im not sure exactly when my wifi stopped working but tonight i realized it for sure and im REALLY surprised that restoring from backup points didnt fix it...have i FUBARED my hardware maybe?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. nuttmeg

nuttmeg Extreme Android User

most likely it's your router and not the phone, check with youir router website and see if there's a firmware update. And also try resseting your router to factory state.

3. n4zty

n4zty Android Expert

he mentioned wifi tether so i dont think he means recieving wifi but broadcasting wifi if thats the case i suggest u trying another wifi tether application to see if that works if so then whatever wifi tether app your using does no longer work for your phone. if your phone continues to give you the same error no matter what wifi tether app you use then you have a prob.

4. gamer30168

then i got a problem cause my wifi wont even turn on in settings

5. gamer30168

I think the main clue is that the wifi driver of the phone isnt loading...i take that to mean the kernel module for wifi maybe? PG....help please!

6. n4zty

n4zty Android Expert

i would try going back to bone stock isnt there odin for the esteem? im not sure ive never had a reason to go back.

7. gamer30168

I never could get LGNPST to setup on my computer. Best i can do is retry to update to zvd if the lg updater will let me go from zvd to zvd

8. gamer30168

9. n4zty

n4zty Android Expert

sorry bud havnt heard any1 else have this prob so you might have to get it replaced.

10. gamer30168

I have tried several recoveries, some as old as PRE-ZVD update but no matter what ROM, kernel, recovery etc....my wifi will not work. when i try to turn it on in settings it tries to turn on , then says "error" I looked at a logcat and dmsg afterwards and it looks like the hardware no longer thinks the driver is the right one.. Anyone got any suggestions? ever heard of such?

11. njking25

njking25 Android Enthusiast

Go to stock and call lg. (not metro their useless.) explain wifi radio isn't working. They will walk you through oeming the phone.

Sent from my cat-dog thing

gamer30168 likes this.
  12. nuttmeg

oyu have to downgrade to zvc than use the lg tool to update to zvd again, and make sure you do a factory reset after updating.

Thats for the samsung phones...;)

gamer30168 likes this.
  13. n4zty

n4zty Android Expert

yea i kinda of remember reading that the esteem didnt have such a tool :( oh well

14. nuttmeg

yup, i like odin and it's fast for installing cwm and downgrading software versions. Go from 2.3.6 to 2.3.4 on the admire takes about 4 minutes.

15. n4zty

n4zty Android Expert

do we have anything like odin for the esteem or just cwm with recoveries? lol

gamer30168 likes this.
  16. nuttmeg

just the LG tool and the cwm. But never no what the future might bring. :D

gamer30168 likes this.
  17. stitan

stitan Well-Known Member

I had this same problem on my lg op m when I installed a rom what I did was redownload the rom to my pc then put it on my phone then wiped everything and reset to factory in recovery then installed the rom and it was fixed.

gamer30168 likes this.
  18. gamer30168

all worth a shot but if flashing back to known good states wont work and if the wifi chip itself is shot then it wont matter what ROM i put on it, right? I wonder if all the heat issues i had burnt my wifi chip up

19. gamer30168

I think i have to agree with whoever said unroot and contact LG. I have my receipt and i its less than a year but more than six months...how long is the warranty anyway? LG warranty that is

20. PlayfulGod

PlayfulGod Extreme Android User

LG Esteem Forum

The LG Esteem release date was October 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

October 2011
Release Date
Reviews