• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root I think I bricked it... help?

Karou

Lurker
Apr 21, 2014
I rooted my Edge with Framaroot about a week ago so I could run Frep. I did a complete backup on Titanium Backup, and then deleted a few of the stock apps and changed some of the file extensions to .bak instead of .apk so I wouldn't get the activation notices whenever I rebooted it. I didn't try to modify the settings file or anything. Today I decided that I didn't need it rooted anymore, so I restored everything that was backed up with Titanium, used the unroot option on Framaroot, and reset everything my phone.

Now whenever I turn it on I get a popup that says "Unfortunately, GI Camera has stopped," and when I press okay it keeps coming back up, and I see in the background what looks like an app opening with "GI Camera" at the top. I can still pull down the notification center but can't go to settings from it. The home button vibrates when I press it but doesn't bring me to the home screen. It doesn't stay on for more than ten minutes. I've tried putting it in recovery mode and restoring it from that, but that doesn't work either.

Sorry for the wall of text. I'm pretty new to Android, so I'm not sure what to do or if there's even anything I can do. Does anyone have any suggestions on what I can do?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones