• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root I think I bricked my Galaxy S

tedoxenham

Lurker
Sep 8, 2011

Hey guys, I'm new here, and I've tried looking everywhere, so I thought I'd give you guys a go. So I have had some problems lately with my Galaxy S, even with the stock firmware.
I then upgraded to darky's 10.1, everything was fine until now. All of a sudden my phone rebooted and was stuck on the Galaxy S boot screen.
Since then I've tried flashing various stock and custom roms with no avail.
My phone will boot to the initial Galaxy Logo and then turn off, and if I try and charge it (various chargers), the battery icon appears (fully drained), then it flashes off, then the battery icon appears again after a few seconds, and it continues to do so.
I've tried clearing/resetting, flashing.. but I have no idea. It has come at a really bad time because I need my phone today..
I understand I can send it off for warranty, but I think I need to flash the stock firmware... which I cant even do right now... It won't go back into recovery.
Sorry for the wall, but I hope others out there will be able to help.
Thanks!

Its not illegal Samsung themselves have been providing support to help modders make custom roms they have links to them from their own web site and from reading a lot over the last few days unless the phone has a hardware fault you should be able to unbrick it with odin.

Check out http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=819551 for how to recover your phone you can buy the test jig to force download mode for

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones