• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root I think I bricked my NS...

jeff000

Jun 10, 2009
I went and tried to unlock my NS, and it seemed to have worked, I can get into the boot loader.
But when I try and load into android the phone gets to where it says "GOOGLE" in white letters on the phone and just hangs.

It says unlocked in the bootloader, I did the "fastboot flash boot rootboot.img" and went to restart and I have the problem now.

Anyone able to help?

Search on web for odin tutorial and download. Take care to the ns version you have.
I9023, 9020 or 9020A. It will restore your phone still unlock.
Ns is really hard to brick.

Basebond version #?
I9020UCKD1

Bootloader Version#?
I9020XXKA3

So I assume 9020 is the one you are talking about?
I am having a hard time finding much on the odin for the NS.

Thanks,

Upvote 0
I went and tried to unlock my NS, and it seemed to have worked, I can get into the boot loader.
But when I try and load into android the phone gets to where it says "GOOGLE" in white letters on the phone and just hangs.

It says unlocked in the bootloader, I did the "fastboot flash boot rootboot.img" and went to restart and I have the problem now.

Anyone able to help?

Try using Clockworkmod using : fastboot flash recovery "name.img"
you can find tutorials on the cyanogenmod wiki ,it works 99% ,but in case it does not ,try re-flashing ...by the way ,you need to have a costom ROM downloaded on your phone so that you can install after the custom recovery is flashed !

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones