• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root I think I fried it!

tjreishus

Android Enthusiast
Nov 8, 2009
Last night I switched to DXtop for my home replacement. I was setting it up at 1200 mhz as my max and I noticed it was getting pretty warm in my hand. I downloaded the temp monitor app and it was at 41C. I decided to leave it alone for the night. It don't work no more.... It won't turn on, charge, or anything at all. UH OH!

YOU SAVED ME! I pulled the battery already to see if that would work and it didn't. But I never thought of pulling the battery and then plugging in the charger. It fired up just fine. I then put the battery in it and it is now working. Don't know what happened. All I have changed was switching to DXtop and using live wallpapers. I think I am going to go back to my regular home++. The battery, by the way, was charged to 60 percent when I finally got it up and running, so the battery wasn't dead.

Thanks for the help.

Upvote 0
YOU SAVED ME! I pulled the battery already to see if that would work and it didn't. But I never thought of pulling the battery and then plugging in the charger. It fired up just fine. I then put the battery in it and it is now working. Don't know what happened. All I have changed was switching to DXtop and using live wallpapers. I think I am going to go back to my regular home++. The battery, by the way, was charged to 60 percent when I finally got it up and running, so the battery wasn't dead.

Thanks for the help.

No problem, glad I could help.

Upvote 0
Switched back to Home++ and found that it runs smoother and cooler for me. I don't know why, but it seems to. I'm at 1200mhz max and I can't get it over 39c now. I just wish home++ would start updating a little more often to try to keep up with the rest of the devs out there. I know that it would be hard to do. Especially with Pete updating every day. It's like Christmas every day.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones