1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

I think I installed Titanium on non-FAT32 sd card

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by terse storm, Feb 10, 2011.

1. terse storm

terse storm Newbie

So I rooted my htc incredible. Before doing so I purchased 16 gig SDHD card. Although I guess I read that I was supposed to format the card for FAT32, I never did. I figured that modernly it was not necessary.

Before rooting, I installed the new card and ran Titanium backup. It appeared to work. I then flashed the CynagenMod rom (using ROM Manager) which too appears to work. I reinstalled Titanium and now there are crossed out apps which do not present the restore option which I fear are gone forever because I did not format my sd card for FAT32.

When I right-click on the sd drive from my computer, it registers as RAW for file type. So is my sd card drive non-FAT32?

The data and apps are not so important since I just got the phone, but are they lost forever?

If I return the phone after restoring it to the Nandroid backup of the stock rom will apps be missing, thus voiding the warranty?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. kidhudi

kidhudi Member

i am no expert but here is what i think.
    the sdcard only needs to be formated to fat32 for the root process. when you get your phone from your carrier the sdcard is not using that particular filing system but works just fine for storing information. all your data and apps can be saved by simply moving them to your computers hard drive then formating the sdcard and moving the files back again. the nandroid backup must have been done AFTER the root so DON'T use that backup to return the phone. use the unrevoked forever s-on file. that is the only way to get your phones operating system to stock and s-on ( which is the most important thing to return a phone)

3. iowabowtech

iowabowtech root@android:/ #

FAT32 is only necessary to load PB31IMG files via hboot. This method, along with the RUU are the two ways to return the phone to stock and also remove root. A nandroid is not adequate for that purpose.

As for the crossed out apps, check out Menu > Batch > Restore Missing Apps With Data.

If you made your original Titanium Backup while on stock 2.2, you need to be aware that you may not want to restore all available apps to Cyanogen. I'm assuming you're talking CM6 since you loaded via Rom Manager. You have now changed from a Sense rom to an AOSP rom so anything sense shouldn't be restored.

If by chance you're talking about CM7, it's even more necessary to be careful since you're going from 2.2 to 2.3. In this case, only carry over market apps.

4. terse storm

terse storm Newbie

Thanks. I do have CM6. I just wanted to test restoring one crossed-out app. If I Menu > Batch > Restore Missing Apps With Data, will it restore all the missing apps onto CM6, or does it do something else, like restoring the data to the apps but not restore the apps to the OS?

kidhudi, thanks. I will try that.

5. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Extreme Android User

When you do a batch restore it still gives you a selection box to choose whether or not to install specific apps(with or without data). And you can also just choose to restore missing apps(with or without data).
    Also recommend getting the donate version if doing a batch restore this way you don't have to accept permissions for every app and everything will install without intervention.

HTC Droid Incredible Forum

The HTC Droid Incredible release date was April 2010. Features and Specs include a 3.7" inch screen, 8MP camera, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1300mAh battery.

April 2010
Release Date
Reviews