• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

i think i lost my swype..

so i just installed the new cm6 on my freshly rooted mytouch 1.2, and i dont know where my Swype went..any help?

You don't have it any more. It was part of the MT3G 1.6 software, and when you rooted and rom'd....well, it got deleted and now you don't have it.

Your gonna be like me and LOVE CM6, but your gonna miss Swype.

You can goto their website and sign up for an email to let you know when they will open the beta download again so you can get it again.

Other that that, no Swype.

Upvote 0
You don't have it any more. It was part of the MT3G 1.6 software, and when you rooted and rom'd....well, it got deleted and now you don't have it.

Your gonna be like me and LOVE CM6, but your gonna miss Swype.

You can goto their website and sign up for an email to let you know when they will open the beta download again so you can get it again.

Other that that, no Swype.

thanks for your help, i can live without swype. BUT, i am verrry happy CM6. and launcher pro..haha. but i have a question for you. have you noticed in any type of 3g change or reception? ever since i did my Root today, its been all over the place!

Upvote 0
I had the same issue when I went to 2.1. You can find some swype downloads, but they didn't work for me. It gave me the infamous resolution error.

After about 30 minutes online I found a download for shapewriter, and I think it works just as well as swype. I'm not sure, but from my understanding it was purchased by nuance, and not "available" anymore. I could be wrong though.

Upvote 0
After about 30 minutes online I found a download for shapewriter, and I think it works just as well as swype. I'm not sure, but from my understanding it was purchased by nuance, and not "available" anymore. I could be wrong though.

That's right, after Nuance purchased Shapewriter, it was taken off the market :( I actually prefer Shapewriter to Swype :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones