• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help I think I may of bricked my Samsung Galaxy S

Mineores

Lurker
Oct 28, 2012
Basically, I bought this phone from eBay, was running an awlful ICS root that was really slow, this evening after trying to unroot I must of turned some boot loading thing off so the phone is stuck at the first screen with the white writing. (Samsung Galaxy GT-1900 Samsung etc)

I have managed to get into download mode but I cannot get my PC to pick it up so I can use Odin, the microusb port is more or less broken but it works sometimes, I cannot charge my phone up with it.

I made this mistake as I know nothing about rooting, just wanted to get rid of the root so I can run Gingerbread which will hopefully be faster, is there anyway to get to the boot loading screen so I can use my phone again or have I bricked it?

Many thanks

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones