1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

I think I'm going back to GB from ICS for now...

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by thecadman99, Apr 14, 2012.

1. thecadman99

thecadman99 Lurker

Honestly I just don't see what all the fuss over ICS is about. My old Droid x with Vortex Rom, go launcher, go dialer, and go contacts is IMHO a slicker interface than ICS.

My ICS Rmaxx has problems doing things that my DX didn't...
    I can't run my car DVR without it crashing when I get a call (it ran in the background, switching the sound off during a call, and resuming fine when the call was done on my DX)

Still not rotated home screens on ICS? Its a pain to use in a car dock.

Only 5 screens? No circular rotation?

Still very slow when trying to view running apps, as opposed to Go Launcher which has it right in the app drawer and pops up quick.

I could do things in GB with my Lapdock that I can't do with ICS. No firefox? Websites don't display properly?

I dunno...maybe I'm just getting to old for change

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Could some of those problems be the fact that you are running a ROM and not the official release? Perhaps some of those things will be fixed or changed when we get the actual update.

3. bsweetness

bsweetness Android Enthusiast

This.

It is a leak after all. You can't expect all of the kinks to be worked out in an update that isn't final and hasn't been officially released. Plus, some of what you mentioned ("slicker interface, Only 5 screens? No circular rotation?") is all personal preference. No release will be perfect, and no release will have all of the features everyone wants. But you shouldn't base your entire opinion about ICS off the problems you're having with a leak that the public was never supposed to have in the first place.

4. thecadman99

thecadman99 Lurker

I guess I should say that I don't necessarily prefer the "leaked ICS" to GB.
    I have too many paid apps that don't run well, or don't run at all on ICS.
    Just bought deadspace and can't play it with ICS on my phone...and no official hulu support, camera keeps crashing...
    Oh well I hope the OTA is better.

5. pm1066

pm1066 Android Enthusiast

...which is exactly why the OTA is taking so long to come out. ICS has been a disaster.

6. euph_22

euph_22 Android Expert

Except for the camera, non of them are actually problems with either the ICS framework or Motorola's implementation. It's up to the app developers to update their software to work on ICS, and many haven't done that yet.

Not to say you can't prefer the official GB to the ICS leak, but please don't blame Google or Motorola for this. It's not their fault, and they can't fix it even if it was their job.

Motorola Droid RAZR Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews