• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I think im hard bricked

BannFromTV

Mar 27, 2012
I was running CM10 stable at first. so i was on google and happen to see 4.2.2 stable cm10.1 for the t989. I just had to flash it. i spent 3 hours reading and watching videos on how o do it correctly. First i did darkside wipe, then i flashed another kernal ( the one for the att version i think) and installed the t989 rom and the gapps. the phone flashed a blue samsung logo for 2 seconds then it just went black. it wont turn on,vibrate,charge,or anything.
i have a feeling I've been hard bricked. Is there any way I could get it fixed?
I read online about jtag service but i dont have $50 to spare or just laying around.

#1 i wanted to know if im hard bricked
#2 i wanted to know if a jtag would fix it
#3 if so, is it anywhere i could send it for about $20-$30?:help::help::help::help::help:

no not yet , but ive read other people in a similar problem and all of them said usb jig dint work

Yeah, the USB jig doesn't work very often if the hard brick is related to the bootloader. That's what the JTag is suppose to help you fix, by allowing you the option to flash a clean bootloader and thus allow you access to Odin mode.

Upvote 0
http://androidforums.com/samsung-galaxy-s2-t-mobile/628449-how-odin-any-stock-rom.html

Hi Bann. Do you have Odin on your PC? If not, download it from that link. Make sure your phone is unplugged and pull the battery. Start Odin, put in your battery, hold both volume buttons and then plug in your phone. Keep holding the volume buttons for a few seconds. Does one of the boxes in the top of Odin light up yellow? If so, press your top volume button once, download one of the latest stock ROM from that link and follow instructions to install.

That's just a shot in the dark. If it doesn't work, check with mobiletechvideos.com for their JTAG service, but yes, it will cost $50 plus shipping.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones