1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root I Think I'm Screwed(Hopefully not 3:)

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by HtcModz, Aug 17, 2011.

1. HtcModz

HtcModz Newbie
    None

Jul 29, 2011
    Welp, its seems as tho I F'ed up..... Everytime I set my phone to disk drive, it takes FOREVER for my computer to recognize it as a Drive. And then when i try to open it, it crashes my Explorer.exe(Desktop) and i have to manually restart my desktop via task manager. This only started today... It worked Fine about an hour ago. I re-Booted my phone and it still does it. Its quite annoying knowing that i cant access my root :L. Im gonna try clearing the cache and the dalvik and see if that works. Other than that, any suggestions on what to do?
    Im going to reboot my computer after i post this to see if that works, but I've tried that before...
    EDIT!
    FIXED Sorry for making this...

Advertisement

2. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!
    None

May 13, 2010
    Male
    being a flashaholic sponsor, helping others gettin
    los angeles
    curious on what you did to fix this?

3. HtcModz

HtcModz Newbie
    None

Jul 29, 2011
    Well im thinking this started to happen because i flashed a Kernel... but its the one you use so i figured i wouldnt have any problems, and then this started to happen. First thing i did was Changed USB ports. That worked once. Then it went back to not working. Cleared Cache and Dalvik. That worked long enough for me to Flash a new ROM(Kinged Kingdom). And now i have no problems at all, for all i know its fixed and i dont have that problem anymore... it seems this started to occur after i tried using DroidScreen and Android SDK To record my phones screen. Then i realized you can record your screen form the phone using Shootme(Which i thought only did screen shots, but it records videos too :p) Thats about it, im probably going to stay away from kernels and just be happy with the stock XD. I think im going to flash back to Mik3d, i kinda like that better than KK!

4. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!
    None

May 13, 2010
    Male
    being a flashaholic sponsor, helping others gettin
    los angeles
    weird. well at least it is resolved for the moment.

i would seriously think about trying a kernel if anything for the screen off profiles. but of course kernels can be picky with phones. and what works for me may not work for you. if anything make a nandroid backup and try one. have you tried the freedom kernel yet. i'm gonna flash the latest one tomorrow maybe.

5. Granite1

Granite1 Zercron Encrusted Tweezer
    None

Dec 27, 2010
    Male
    Highway Construction Inspection
    Pittsburgh, PA
    I'll second the kernel advice. Kernels are actually phone specific. Not every kernel will work on every phone. You really have to "test the waters". Try one out, if it doesn't work, nandroid back and try another. Once you get more comfortable with flashing and nandroids, etc, this will become second nature. :)

6. Xtremedays

Xtremedays Android Expert
    None

Apr 5, 2010
    Male
    Auto Technician(for now)
    For me MikG 3D has been very good on battery. After flashing it, charge to 100% and use the battery calibration app from the market to reset your battery stats. I got 19 hours yesterday on a charge and still had 54% when I went to bed.....this after my son was playing angry birds for an hour or so. I am using the stock kernel as well.

7. myzoo

myzoo Lurker
    None

Mar 18, 2011
    Aircraft Maintenance
    Pa
    Thank you

Tags: