• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I think i'm SOL on getting a droid x

Chango99

Jun 1, 2010
Bought an incredible on june at best buy. Couple of days later, the account owner did a certificate of liability change. Without informing me, this voided my 30 days with verizon.

I tried to return the phone before the 30 days to best buy, but when they called vzw, that's when I found out my 30 days was voided. They said they couldn't do it. The employee told me that they would extend my 30 days slightly and let me get exchange to the droid X.

July 15 came and the droid X's sold out. Now it's been 3 weeks and they haven't received any stock and I've just been waiting for them since he told me I could get the droid x through them.

I'm not even sure if i'm guaranteed the droid X and I have to leave for school in 2 weeks. Sigh ... I saw this in stock and cheaper at many other places (cheaper online, in stock at a damn wal-mart for the longest time).

What's worse is that I might have been able to cancel through verizon if I called them up and talked to a supervisor myself about the 30 days and not being informed. But I called in after the 30 days and they said they couldn't do anything because its past the 30 days. I trusted the Best buy employee, but I haven't got any word back from him or stock @ the store. I called his phone and left a voicemail 2 weeks ago and never got a reply back.

So i'm screwed here eh?

There are two things I would try in your situation.

The first would be talking to the account holder and explaining the difficulties caused by the COLC. Hopefully this will convince him/her to call Verizon and speak to a supervisor that may be able to solve your problem.

The second would be to go to the Best Buy where you bought your incredible to see if you can convince a supervisor to either refund the amount you paid or give you a credit that can be used when the X arrives.
This might mean having to give up your Incredible early but if you have an old CDMA phone laying around it can be activated as a temporary replacement at no extra charge.

Good luck.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones