unless something really good happens in terms of an update sooner rather than later (not january 20th), im going to return it and go back to my original phone. i already tried the droid and its not for me at all, the eris i love but only if they can assure me that i'm going to be taken care of in terms of issues. otherwise, as the date of the holiday return comes closer, im going to return this and wait it out for something better. im sure the eris will be done up nice, but will it be AFTER a better htc phone comes out. time will tell.