1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support I think Juice Defender has been screwing me

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by hiwatt, Jan 23, 2014.

1. hiwatt

hiwatt Android Enthusiast
    None

Sep 12, 2011
    N Side of Chicago
    Although not intentionally. I've noticed if I am on wifi and then go outside to 4G, if I had texts sending they get "stuck." Once I lose the wifi signal, jd kicks in on the data connection and outgoing texts get stuck. At first, I couldn't figure out what was causing this. Since I've uninstalled jd, the problem seems to be gone. Anyone else notice this?

Advertisement

2. elgecko

elgecko Android Enthusiast
    None

Jan 10, 2012
    PA, USA
    Have not needed to JD with this phone at all. It has fantastic battery life without it.

3. hiwatt

None

Sep 12, 2011
    N Side of Chicago
    I think you're right. I haven't noticed JD improving the already great battery life. I am certain, however, that it was messing up my texts.

4. Sharkhunter45

Sharkhunter45 Well-Known Member
    None

Oct 4, 2012
    Male
    Chicago, Illinois
    I've noticed sometimes my texts won't send either. I don't use JD, so there's that. If it doesn't send, try resending it, or calling voicemail. That resets the actual call/text radio I believe, and has worked for me every time that's happened

hiwatt likes this.
  5. hiwatt

None

Sep 12, 2011
    N Side of Chicago
    I noticed that will do it too, as well as calling yourself via groove ip from Google voice.

How often do you notice texts hanging up? This is recent to me. It almost always happens when I move to 4G from wifi. This wasn't an issue with past phones, which have all been LG.

6. Sharkhunter45

None

Oct 4, 2012
    Male
    Chicago, Illinois
    I've had three different handsets of this particular phone. First one broke, second one had hardware issues, and this third one has been okay. I got this third one back in, let's say October? I had noticed the texts not going through since august of 2013, so it's definitely not handset specific. Also, they dont hang up often, but every time they do its right around 10:58pm

hiwatt likes this.
  7. denebola

denebola Newbie
    None

Jan 19, 2012
    Male
    PC Tech
    Ogden, Utah
    I use Go Battery instead of Juice Defender. It's easier to configure and has some better features.

8. Sharkhunter45

None

Oct 4, 2012
    Male
    Chicago, Illinois
    @hiwatt, maybe this issue is just for us because we both live in the Chicago area? No one else has mentioned it, so I think it might be the most likely culprit

9. hiwatt

None

Sep 12, 2011
    N Side of Chicago
    It wasn't JD, it was VM. There is or was a tower out by me at LSD and W Sheridan. Finding this out from VM was like pulling teeth. I asked for a credit because while at home, I basically had messed up or no service. They of course have not got back to me on that. If it wasn't for the fact that I just picked up the Optimus F3, I'd probably leave them. Granted, this is the first real problem I've had with them in three years. Still, their customer service is well intentioned, but a catastrophic joke.