• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root I think my droid Passed over.

bigdroiddog

Dec 8, 2009
I am an avid rom flasher, i had just switched to bb0.4 yesterday and was fixing it all up, i aid it to rest on its charging dock as i do every night at about 4 am, i had my alarm set for 9, i slept so good, but woke upo and it was 11?? glad i did not have to work. But my screen is blank, i picked my droid up and hit the power button, the M comes up and then going into BB's quickboot, then it goes blank, i try again, same M then quick boot, then blank. NOw nothing, i cannot get the screen to turn on for the life of the phone, plugged in or not.Its dead...... The white light comes on when i have it pluged in right under the usb port, but im so sad, i have an original release day droid thats been running great and working with ulv kernals like a king, i was runnning in the 1700's for mflops, 1366 in quadrant, im hurt....i dont want no stupid refurb....Is there anything i can do, what does a phone do when its bricked? are these signs of being bricked? There is something very odd about this story, i bought two droids on nov 6th, one for me and a friend, he stayed stock, me aggressively rooted and his did the same exact thing last week, his died out of the blue but he had dropped it on the floor and never turned on again, just same white light under the usb port...any help would be great before i get something new.
Edit: By the end of this letter i switched batteries with friends refurb droid and OMG my droid booted right up!!!! I am so happy, now where can i get a new battery like NOW...Sorry for the long sad story but at least it has a good ending.

I purchased 2 batteries from amazon, 4.60 something a piece with free shipping. also got 3 pack of screen protectors for 2.11 all free shipping.After an hour later my battery is now starting to take a charge, it was like something sucked the life out of it and even when i had it plugged in it would not turn on for about an hour, this was a very weird case for me but im glad its holding a charge now and i can make it last till new batteries come.sorry about all the confusion

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones