1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General I think my X10 has been hacked? D:

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by bobolacupcsr, May 5, 2011.

1. bobolacupcsr

bobolacupcsr Lurker
    None

May 3, 2011
    Ive had my Sony Ericsson X10 phone for about a month now with virgin and a couple days ago ive been experiencing some wierd activity

a few days ago my keyboard turned to japanese font and layout (and im not sure how to change it back)
    today it changed to korean (cant figure out how to back to english still) and my background changed. Also during the day it called my mums number and recorded a voice message for a minute or two long

this seems to be happening when i turn my wi-fi network on. i also went through the running applications and force stopped everything i could

PLEASE HELP!
    • How the hell do i change it back to english layout keyboard? ive looked through all the keyboard settings
    • Has my phone been hacked?
    • What should i do in order to stop it being hacked?
    • Im worried, is my information being accessed/distributed?
    • Can i purchase either a renowned virus scanner, firewall, security, etc. to prevent it happening in future?
    THANKYOU anyone who is able to offer any advice and answer my questions

Advertisement

2. dibberly

dibberly Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 29, 2010
    you will prob find that you never locked the screen when you put it in your pocket...hence the strange things going on.

change keyboard, entering a text message, long press where you type and selct change input

Select the keyboard that you want

3. Z3US

Z3US Android Enthusiast
    None

Nov 12, 2010
    ...HOME...:P
    its not possible to hack any phone without bluetooth or a net connection....its not hacked ,it happened wid me also sometyms it calls automatically to anyone,when it is in my pocket.And as far as keyboard is concerned follow what dibberly said....:)

4. bobolacupcsr

bobolacupcsr Lurker
    None

May 3, 2011
    it seems to be only happening when i have my wifi on, maybe im just being paranoid lol
    im still confused how to change this keyboard, i cant figure out how to change it back :S eh

5. bobolacupcsr

bobolacupcsr Lurker
    None

May 3, 2011
    omg finally got it thanks XD
    yeah i now beileve it wasnt hacked... just realised how easy it is for my pocket to change the input method to korean

i shall be using android lock alot more now :D