1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

I think the Indulge has its IMEI and MEID switched

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ciper, May 22, 2011.

1. ciper

ciper Android Enthusiast

The MEID is normally used to Identify a handset and the pESN is generated from it, which is also how you get your MSL and SPC.

Now if you look on the box your Indulge came in it is clearly labeled IMEI with a 14 digit number however this is the format that the MEID comes in. If you input that supposed "IMEI" into an assortment of tools it will generate a pESN and MSL that works to unlock the hidden menus on the phone

Now on the phone if you hit *#06# it will display an "MEID" window and the 17 digit number is vastly different from the previous number This new number is not the correct length to generate a pESN or MSL from. Normally *#06# is used to find the IMEI from what I read online...

Did they **** it up?

Some light reading to understand part of what I'm talking about - CDMA Hardware Identifiers - ESN, MEID, pESN - bbayles

confed likes this.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. betsuni78

betsuni78 Well-Known Member

14 digit MEIDs are Hex.... 18 digit MEIDs are in Dec... it is possible that the MEID is in decimal format with a "0" in the front... e.g. 12345678901234567 is displayed, but is actually 012345678901234567.

3. ciper

ciper Android Enthusiast

Try it yourself. The "IMEI" thats listed on your box, or behind your battery, is the correct MEID and your pESN and SPC can be generated from it.

Put that number into MEID Converter - Free MEID and ESN conversion tool and you will get all the right info.
    Put the number that is shown on *#06# with a leading zero into the same website and it comes out as a mess.

4. TRS-80

TRS-80 Android Enthusiast

Veddy intedesting...

5. betsuni78

betsuni78 Well-Known Member

looks like you're right... the old 14 digit Hex MEIDs used to start with A0 or A1, guess they're on 99 now..

6. BlueMuscles

BlueMuscles Android Enthusiast

So what does all this mean ?

I'm not up on all this IMEI / MEID thing.

Thanks

7. ciper

ciper Android Enthusiast

Not anything bad exactly, just that the labels are all backwards and so in the future when your trying to do things on your phone realize they are switched.

I sort of verified this by watching a logcat of an FOTA test from the phone and the MEID was listed as the 990000 number

BlueMuscles likes this.
  8. BlueMuscles

BlueMuscles Android Enthusiast

Thanks

9. hametropcs123

hametropcs123 Lurker

Hi guys,
    Im filling the rebate form for the Lg esteem with metropcs...so I couldnt find the 18-digit MEID ( back under the battery)..so all I can find is the 14-digit iemi ,,so is it the same?

thanks

10. iAMsalm

iAMsalm Newbie

Yes that would be the same thing.

Samsung Galaxy Indulge Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Indulge release date was February 2011. Features and Specs include a 3.5" inch screen, 3MP camera, GB RAM, processor, and 1500mAh battery.

February 2011
Release Date
Reviews