• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I think the inspire is the phone I have been waiting for on ATT

Jogi

May 17, 2010
Ohio
Seeing that I have tried about 5 phones in the past few months. I think the inspire is what I have been looking for all along. I had the iphone 3g for about 2 years. Since the iphone, I have tried the samsung captivate, htc evo, htc aria, and my current phone is the samsung focus. The captivate had a bad gps which was a deal breaker for me. I really liked the evo but the wife could not find a phone on sprint that she liked. She ended up getting the new iphone. I went back to att to try the htc aria. The aria was great but just a little too small for my liking. I ended up returning the aria and planned on getting the motorola bravo but I started playing with samsung focus. Windows phone 7 is really good in my opinion but is about 6-8 months away from being a mature os. If the samsung focus would let me listen to music apps in the background I would keep it. Multitasking is coming later this year but I am not going to wait 8 months for it. An update was supposed to be here in january but still hasn't arrived yet. I am done waiting for the updates. I also think google maps is a lot better then bing maps. I really like htc and really liked the evo when I tried it. The inspire will be be perfect for me. We have a couple more upgrades left on the family plan so I think I will sell the focus and get the inspire. Sorry for the long post

Most of us are pretty excited about it, as well! I know that I, and a few others, are going to be dumping our iPhones in favor of this beautiful piece of equipment. Although, I'll be keeping mine to use as my iPod in my car.

I've been away from the 'Droid for far too long, and am really anxious to get back in. It's even harder waiting with Google allowing access to the Market through a web browser now! Very cool way to search for new apps for day one install.

Upvote 0
It was early Summer when the EVO came out and I ran into a friend of mine who was leaving Best Buy. He had just got it and I was instantly jealous. All of the sudden, my iPhone kinda felt like garbage.

It was the screen, the camera, and the OS.

Now, it's finally coming to AT&T. Sure, it might be missing a kick stand, a front facing camera and an HDMI port... but I already knew that I would never use the front facing camera and the HDMI port. It'd be nice to have the kick stand... but regardless... this is the device that I've wanted with AT&T since that day.

And now, we're less than 2 weeks away from finally getting a great device on AT&T not called the iPhone. These are the best times... the times leading up to the release of the device... so awesome!

Upvote 0
It was early Summer when the EVO came out and I ran into a friend of mine who was leaving Best Buy. He had just got it and I was instantly jealous. All of the sudden, my iPhone kinda felt like garbage.

It was the screen, the camera, and the OS.

Now, it's finally coming to AT&T. Sure, it might be missing a kick stand, a front facing camera and an HDMI port... but I already knew that I would never use the front facing camera and the HDMI port. It'd be nice to have the kick stand... but regardless... this is the device that I've wanted with AT&T since that day.

And now, we're less than 2 weeks away from finally getting a great device on AT&T not called the iPhone. These are the best times... the times leading up to the release of the device... so awesome!

And the fact that this is a desire hd which ia better than the EVO makes it even sweeter :)

Upvote 0
Yeah, I definately don't miss the iphone. I think I actually will miss my samsung focus a little bit. It has the best email client I have used on any phone and is a pretty cool os. I think once windows has a few updates and the marketplace matures a little bit, it will be a great option for people. I still like the customization of android and the abundance of available apps. While it might not be the most polished os it is what will suit me best at this time.

Upvote 0
Yeah, I definately don't miss the iphone. I think I actually will miss my samsung focus a little bit. It has the best email client I have used on any phone and is a pretty cool os. I think once windows has a few updates and the marketplace matures a little bit, it will be a great option for people. I still like the customization of android and the abundance of available apps. While it might not be the most polished os it is what will suit me best at this time.

Well sense is gonna offer alot of polish you will be surprised

Upvote 0
Def and after seeing the prices for that scenario over there moto needs to get real

I still cant believe I just read that. Motorola and ATT must be out of their damn minds. Its a great phone and the dock is a wonderful innovative idea but even the commercials for it state that it is just a screen and battery. I was never considering the Atrix, but my mind wondered what it would be like to own one.

Now it is not even an option to wonder about lol. And Jogi, you will love the new Sense (which the Inspire is the first phone in the US to have) that also comes with preloaded maps. Check out some Desire HD videos about the new sense. Its definitely more polished than even the older sense, which was pretty nice as well.

Upvote 0
I still cant believe I just read that. Motorola and ATT must be out of their damn minds. Its a great phone and the dock is a wonderful innovative idea but even the commercials for it state that it is just a screen and battery. I was never considering the Atrix, but my mind wondered what it would be like to own one.

Now it is not even an option to wonder about lol. And Jogi, you will love the new Sense (which the Inspire is the first phone in the US to have) that also comes with preloaded maps. Check out some Desire HD videos about the new sense. Its definitely more polished than even the older sense, which was pretty nice as well.

yea seriously i cant wait to see how many atrix peeps come over to our side lol

Upvote 0

I did check out the videos. The new sense does look pretty slick. My wife might kill me for getting another phone lol. She used to look at me weird when I kept getting new phones but after about 3 or so she is just like whatever lol. Life is good
icon10.gif

Upvote 0
get it get it LOL
Ya seriously!

Oh and Jogi my woman says that im the most annoying person in the world due to my phone addiction ha. They dont understand. Just tell her all guys are like that about their gadgets. Which we all know isnt necessarily true. Who the hell wouldnt be excited about the Inspire? lol. Probably just the cultish super ignorant iPhone users who still think that the iP4 is theeeee phone to beat.

Upvote 0
Seeing that I have tried about 5 phones in the past few months. I think the inspire is what I have been looking for all along. I had the iphone 3g for about 2 years. Since the iphone, I have tried the samsung captivate, htc evo, htc aria, and my current phone is the samsung focus. The captivate had a bad gps which was a deal breaker for me. I really liked the evo but the wife could not find a phone on sprint that she liked. She ended up getting the new iphone. I went back to att to try the htc aria. The aria was great but just a little too small for my liking. I ended up returning the aria and planned on getting the motorola bravo but I started playing with samsung focus. Windows phone 7 is really good in my opinion but is about 6-8 months away from being a mature os. If the samsung focus would let me listen to music apps in the background I would keep it. Multitasking is coming later this year but I am not going to wait 8 months for it. An update was supposed to be here in january but still hasn't arrived yet. I am done waiting for the updates. I also think google maps is a lot better then bing maps. I really like htc and really liked the evo when I tried it. The inspire will be be perfect for me. We have a couple more upgrades left on the family plan so I think I will sell the focus and get the inspire. Sorry for the long post

I feel the same way. I've tried just about every device as well, and while the Captivate is close, I think the Inspire will hit the spot.

Upvote 0
Ya seriously!

Oh and Jogi my woman says that im the most annoying person in the world due to my phone addiction ha. They dont understand. Just tell her all guys are like that about their gadgets. Which we all know isnt necessarily true. Who the hell wouldnt be excited about the Inspire? lol. Probably just the cultish super ignorant iPhone users who still think that the iP4 is theeeee phone to beat.

or the atrix guys lol I kid, I kid lol

Upvote 0
I did check out the videos. The new sense does look pretty slick. My wife might kill me for getting another phone lol. She used to look at me weird when I kept getting new phones but after about 3 or so she is just like whatever lol. Life is good
icon10.gif

Ya seriously!

*Big sigh* Feels good to not be alone...lol!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones