1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

I thought the power button turned everything off

Discussion in 'Music & Media' started by sleedeane, Apr 12, 2012.

1. sleedeane

sleedeane Android Expert

Is this normal?
    I just noticed that PowerAmp, and who knows what else, keeps playing after I turn my phone off, whether I hit the Magic Locker button or the factory power button.
    The screen goes black and it's making the locking sound, but the music plays on and on.
    I don't know how long this has been going on.

Am I stupid? The butt of a joke?
    This can't be normal.
    Can it?
    Naaaaaaaahhhhhh.........

I'm hesitant to hit submit...
    Like I'm missing something obvious and I'll see it in a moment here.
    Come on, slee, think...

Edit: Just to clarify, I'm not talking about powering the phone all the way off. I mean...I guess I mean the player stays on after I hit the power button just long enough for the screen to go black and make the locking sound.

You mean, (talking to self), this is the way it's supposed to be and I just realized this, after having a smart phone for over a year now?

I must be that stupid, I guess.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. mikedt

mikedt 你好

[​IMG]

That's how it's meant to be, the phone isn't actually off as you realise, just the screen is off.

I actually want my phone to go on playing music through headphones when the screen is off, it's locked and in my pocket. I also want it play music through the speaker when the screen is off and locked as well.

You can always just hit pause or stop before locking your phone. :) Of course if the phone is actually off, NO power, it should be exactly that, no music, no calls, no SMS, no anything.

AFAIK music capable phones have always done this, they go on playing music when locked. I wouldn't want one that didn't.

Have you ever used an MP3 player that goes on playing music when the screen is off.

3. sleedeane

sleedeane Android Expert

Jeeze...
    I have no business even owning an Android.
    I should go back to a Razor. The flip phone, I mean.
    I'm embarrassed to even show my face again..:(:beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer:

mikedt likes this.
  4. Demache

Demache Android Expert

....but the RAZR (the flip phone) keep playing sound even with the screen shut. :D

I know this from experience. I once got an entire MP3 to fit on one. I was so proud.

sleedeane likes this.
  5. jerofld

jerofld Fixing stuff is not easy

If you use headphones, you can just unplug them temporarily to pause the music, even if the screen is off/locked. Bluetooth stereo headphones can also control the music if the screen is off/locked, too.

sleedeane likes this.