• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root I thought this battery life was pretty good.

Eris1981

Android Enthusiast
Apr 23, 2010
screenshot-1315532315827.png

UBER BAMF Gingerbread + Sedio 3200mah battery.

That is 5.5 hours on the phone, + fairly heavy use of the data. Yesterday I had about the same phone time + about 2 hours of streaming radio while on the road not plugged in, I still did not put it on the charger until 10pm. The Sedio has saved me in using this as a work phone.

Swapping to the Gingerbread ROM also allowed it to finally work with the UConnect in my company truck. I have never got Froyo to work with UConnect or Sync smoothly with the Eris or the Thunderbolt, but GB has every time.

It's great to hear you are glad you made the jump to GB. Yeah the behind the scenes stuff with GB has made quite a difference. If you were to try an AOSP rom I can't imagine the battery life you would be getting.

I don't know if they were AOSP roms or not, but I. ran some pretty bare bones ROMS on my Eris and liked them a lot, and gave amazing battery life with a stock battery. I know the TBolt would do well with them. I don't mind Sense though when the bloat is removed. The 3.0 version has been really nice. compared to older versions. I like the animations and stuff, even at the cost of the battery life. I also leave EVERYTHING on ALL the time just because I am in and out of my truck all day, I don't want to be switching it all the time. It is bad enough I am constantly switching between calling with GV and calling with my normal number.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones