• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I took the plunge

Really? How would you OC otherwise? I think that Pete used to include it but I was reading in the latest versions he removed it because the dev asked him to. So now he just releases the ROMs that have a kernel ready to be OC'd. When I loaded up setCPU it still showed me running 550 mhz. I guess I could have found a ROM that OC'd for me though. Either way it's a handy tool and thanks I couldn't stand listening to all the root talk! heh.

The confusion is due to Setcpu not immediately showing the proper clock speed. It apparently takes it a few minutes to get it's bearings and then it shows the correct speeds. I've done all this many times now and sometimes I have restart the Droid to get Setcpu straightened out. This last time it wouldn't show the correct speed until I moved the slider down to 125 and then back up to 950. So, there's a little quirkiness there but not much.

Upvote 0
The confusion is due to Setcpu not immediately showing the proper clock speed. It apparently takes it a few minutes to get it's bearings and then it shows the correct speeds. I've done all this many times now and sometimes I have restart the Droid to get Setcpu straightened out. This last time it wouldn't show the correct speed until I moved the slider down to 125 and then back up to 950. So, there's a little quirkiness there but not much.

Ah yeah, I noticed if I moved the slider it seems to catch on faster too. Thanks for the tip/explanation.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones