• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I tried to Root but...

hunterx119

Jan 20, 2010
Ok, so i read the sticky on how to root my phone manually, and with pre-kitchen. I tried pre-kitchen, and i kept getting errors on how it wasnt able to push the files to my phone. So i went manually, and followed each step, in order exactly. I got all the way to pushing the Recovery Image file to my sd card, but i wouldnt copy it. It keeps saying that there was a permission denied. I was just wondering if anyone had a fix, or maybe something i did wrong?

Gotta read the guide carefully :)

Taken directly from the guide: (Read all the way through step 5)

Step 1: Download the Android SDK from Android SDK | Android Developers The Windows file is called android-sdk_r4-windows.zip. Extract the files to your C: drive so that you now have the folder C:\android-sdk-windows

Step 2: Download the asroot2 exploit file from http://forum.xda-developers.com/atta...2&d=1257621154 Extract asroot2.zip to C:\android-sdk-windows\tools folder.

Step 3: Download the Hero recovery image from http://www.androidspin.com/downloads...roc-v1.5.2.img Place this file in C:\android-sdk-windows\tools as well.

Step 4: Make sure USB Debugging is off by going to Settings>Applications>Development. Now connect the phone to your PC via USB cable.

Step 5: Mount your sdcard; Browse to the HTC Sync folder and install HTC Sync on your pc. After it is done installing unmount the sdcard then enable your USB debugging.

*Note* If the drivers you installed from HTC Sync do not work, you can alternatively download a program called PDAnet. This will not only allow you to tether your phone, but will also install the correct drivers for you as well. *Note* (This note is not part of the original tutorial)

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones