1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

I updated to ice cream sandwich 4.0 but nothing changed!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by JDMasFCK, Dec 23, 2011.

1. JDMasFCK

JDMasFCK Newbie

I turned on my phone, and it said there was a new software update and I did it, and my phone is still the same... I don't see anything new... am I doing something wrong? O.O

2. Remeniz

Remeniz Android Enthusiast

I doubt you got an ICS update.

Menu > Settings > About phone. What Android version does it state?

3. JDMasFCK

JDMasFCK Newbie

WTF?! When I turned on my phone it said there was a software update.. I updated it..... I also searched online and recent online articles say that the S2 is supposed to receive ICS 4.0.... O.O

4. bonerp

bonerp Android Expert

ICS (4.0) isnt being released until q1 2012. 2.3.6 is the latest version and thats the update you received.

JDMasFCK likes this.
  5. JDMasFCK

JDMasFCK Newbie

Thanks! Now I'm anxious for ICS 4.0 haha, but when it's released, a notification will pop up and I'll do the same thing I did for this update right? but the homescreen and icons will be completely different? and when the new ICS 4.0 is released does it erase all data from my phone?

6. Medion

Medion Android Expert

No one will know for sure until the update is out.

7. greggebhardt

greggebhardt Android Enthusiast

If it is sent OTA, it will save you data.

It will not look the same. ICS will change the "landscape" on your SG2 and there will be a little learning curve.

8. Blue1k

Blue1k Android Enthusiast

Don't expect it for a couple months. It will be nice :)

9. greggebhardt

greggebhardt Android Enthusiast

I am not so sure I am looking forward to ICS on the SG2. Been using it on the Nexus for the last month or so and I MUCH prefer the SG2 the way it is. Some things are better with ICS but not all things.

I am no hurry and may not upgrade my SG2.

10. Wolfedude88

Wolfedude88 Android Expert

ICS on your Galaxy S II will look nothing like how it is on the Nexus. Sure there will be some things that look are the same but for the most part it will look completely different.

Just look at the leak from Samsung, sure it is a work in progress but it looks almost identical to the gingerbread version, I expect it to look more or less like that when released officially.

Samsung Galaxy S2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S2 release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4210 Dual processor, and 1650mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews