• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I wanna free my Ram a bit

A7madesla

Lurker
Jan 2, 2015
it's about the battery, I wanna keep the phone on as much time as I can without needing to charge it

and I assume that all these running apps are consuming the battery and reducing its lifetime

e3GUUcy.png

If you are worried about power consumption, go and look in your power settings and see how much power each is actually using before you do anything. If you want more information, install something like "GSam Batter Monitor", let the phone run for a day then see what fraction of your power any of these is using.

Do not worry about RAM usage (this isn't Windows, and free RAM is wasted RAM), and please, for the love of all that is holy, do not install a "task killer" or "RAM optimiser" app if you value the battery life of the phone: those things are entirely counter-productive, as many threads in AF will explain ;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones