• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories I want a new case, need help deciding

radtechy

Aug 4, 2010
I have the speck candyshell for my incredible and i like it but i wanna be able to touch the button easily cause the rubber that speck uses is kinda stiff and i had this phone/case for 3 months.

i didnt like the otterbox commuter for my iphone cause of the parts where the shell downst cover the silicone ghets loose and lint collection is a problem, the defender is too big for me.

i had a seidio innocase 2 for my berry and that was ok.

any suggestions?

Case-Mate
I can't find much description of the texture of this case. Can you tell me if it is relatively rubbery or is it fairly smooth (does it come out of your pocket easily)

I guess I have the same question about the Seidio Innocase II

I very rarely drop or abuse my phone so I'm trying to find something with as stock a feel as possible (as most people probably do, and I am a realist about not getting it perfect)

Upvote 0
The Seidio Innoocase II is now my favorite case I've ever had on any phone. It is very close to stock, and with a screen protector your phone is protected pretty well. I have two holsters, and one is mounted to a vent in my car so I just pop the phone off the one on my belt and snap it into the one on the dash in my car.

I do a lot of outdoor activities, so I purchased the package with the Rugged case which goes over the Innocase. Doesn't seem to be as indestructible as the Otterbox Defender, but I'm happy with it. The below package on Amazon comes with the Innocase II surface, Rugged Case, Rugged Holster & Screen guard for about $35. It doesn't come with a holster for the Innocase, but one can be picked up on eBay for $20.

Amazon.com: Seidio Innocase Rugged Case and Holster Combo for HTC Droid Incredible: Cell Phones & Accessories

Reactions: tdietz20
Upvote 0
the outer casing is not rubbery, its a ABS plastic, it doesn't stick in your pocket, its slides out easily, but with the textured patterning, it doesn't slip in your hands. The hard buttons, the rocker and power button are flush, they don't stick out, imho- looking at the Innocase Active photo's on their website, their outer casing mold tolerances aren't as good as Case-Mates, The Case-Mates gaps between the inner and outer casing are tighter and more uniform. take a look on Seidoonline yourself, look at the photo's, you will see the uneven gaps between the casings. The Case-Mate will be bulkier than the Innocase II, because of the two layers of protection. With the inner silicone casing on the Case-Mate there are no concerns with chafing so you don't have to worry about scratching your phone up in this. case.

I can't find much description of the texture of this case. Can you tell me if it is relatively rubbery or is it fairly smooth (does it come out of your pocket easily)

I guess I have the same question about the Seidio Innocase II

I very rarely drop or abuse my phone so I'm trying to find something with as stock a feel as possible (as most people probably do, and I am a realist about not getting it perfect)

Upvote 0
Otterbox Commuter is good one
smile.gif

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones