• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root I want my paid apps back!

OUScooby

Apr 18, 2010
NoHo
I have a few paid apps that I'd like to redownload after rooting to 2.1. Now I know many of them won't show up until the official OTA upgrade from verizon tell the market that eris is on 2.1.
But what I don't get is that I still see the free and lite versions of these apps in the market, but not the paid ones.

when i first got twidroid there was only the free which allowed only 1 acct and I had 4, oddly there was no pro version in the market so i had to visit their site, buy it & then they sent me a mail with a link in it, i opened the mail on the phone & clicked the link & the app was then unlocked to pro. I had to do that again after resetting my phone to factory defaults.

If you backed up all your apps, then you'll have them to reinstall, but like i did above, you may want to e-mail the developer and maybe they can reauthorize it again so you get the updates as normal

Upvote 0
I have a few paid apps that I'd like to redownload after rooting to 2.1. Now I know many of them won't show up until the official OTA upgrade from verizon tell the market that eris is on 2.1.
But what I don't get is that I still see the free and lite versions of these apps in the market, but not the paid ones.
what rom are you running, Alyosius seems to show the whole market ...... it shows all my paid apps, and alot of apps I couldnt find using any other rom....including At Bat MLB 2010

Upvote 0
I suggest you use jcases market fix he made it available on XDA forums, that way you wont have to use a buggy rom like aloyisius.

Buggy is up for perception ... i had more lag and crashes on senseable then i ever have on Alyosius .... but i guess it's just your style to flame other people's work .... just cuz it don't work for you doesn't mean its bad .....

Upvote 0
Buggy is up for perception ... i had more lag and crashes on senseable then i ever have on Alyosius .... but i guess it's just your style to flame other people's work .... just cuz it don't work for you doesn't mean its bad .....

Your going to tell me that not being able to turn off the phone is not a big bug?
I mess with files all the time and I would probably mess with files even more on that rom and being able to turn off the phone quickly and easily is a big issue for me.
Sorry, but not being able to turn off the phone means buggy to me...I don't try to flame its just my honest opinion if you take it as something else thats up to you. This forum is for people to share their opinions, thats where I stand If you don't like I'm sorry but I won't change what I am.

Edit:You can turn off the phone with a paid app Boot Control its only a buck so you can do it that way.
I have boot control but I don't see a big difference from what I'm running to alyosius, so i decided to stay with the rom I had before because It looked like the rom I was running was more stable.
I know people swear by alyosius speed, but I have yet to see this speed.....
and for a rom to take 20+ mins to boot the first time, thats ridiculous.... The boot up time after running it for the first time is no where close to 20 mins, but it also doesn't scream "WOW this is a fast ROM" LIke i said I ran it for two days messing adding all my apps and stuff, but it didn't seem like a big difference to the rom I was running prior to that.
I had FC a couple times with the dialer, it killed sense once, I tried everything to fix it. I downloaded and flashed a second time, ran the fix permissions command from adb and nothing.

Upvote 0
Your going to tell me that not being able to turn off the phone is not a big bug?
I mess with files all the time and I would probably mess with files even more on that rom and being able to turn off the phone quickly and easily is a big issue for me.
Sorry, but not being able to turn off the phone means buggy to me...I don't try to flame its just my honest opinion if you take it as something else thats up to you. This forum is for people to share their opinions, thats where I stand If you don't like I'm sorry but I won't change what I am.

sharing an opinion is ok ... no problem there ...... but its the general way you state your opinion and seem to show up in threads just to start crap ....

BTW ... I can shut my phone down very quickly, and also i can boot into recovery even quicker

with that said, there are alot of things that work on this rom that most roms need patches to do ....so whats the difference ....

Upvote 0
Like I said everyone is entitled to their opinion, But I had more than enough problems with that rom That I'll wait on jumping boats.
The experience I had with that rom is summarized in my other post, I know I seem like an asshole sometimes, but most of the time I'm just trying to help even though it doesn't seem like it.
Why make him change roms when he can just run the script and stay with his rom without making a big change?
What patches are you talking about?
You mean LWP? I'm not a fan of that, I see no point in that.

Upvote 0
Like I said everyone is entitled to their opinion, But I had more than enough problems with that rom That I'll wait on jumping boats.
The experience I had with that rom is summarized in my other post, I know I seem like an asshole sometimes, but most of the time I'm just trying to help even though it doesn't seem like it.
Why make him change roms when he can just run the script and stay with his rom without making a big change?
What patches are you talking about?
You mean LWP? I'm not a fan of that, I see no point in that.

I don't run LWP .... waste of resources as far as I am concerned ..... so we can definitely agree on that

I also tried jcases patch ...on day 1 in the IRC channel ...... just like you I am sure.... just missed the fact that he had put it out there as a patch ....
no biggie .....

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones