• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I want Passion/Bravo NOW...not tomorrow....

Well you won't get it tomorrow either. Few weeks maybe, few months, probably by then, but NOW, or tomorrow, not very likely. I want mine yesterday, but I'm still dragging this LG Dare around, waiting, dang-it.

Dragging my Dare around too!

Soon and very Soon we will get what we are waiting on guys ,a little more time,thats all.

Upvote 0
Man I still have the Samsung Flipshot. I am about to go bananas for this new phone to come out just so I can even get in the smart phone race.

I can top that. I have a razr (v3c, not the v3m). There's nothing like having to hit buttons on average twice as many times to bang out a text message. I will say that I'm still amazed when I open the thing how thin they got a cell phone to be. Problem is that it EATS batteries in its old age (purchased in March 2006). My NE2 has been available for 20 months. Let's just say my hand is hovering over the mouse and I have a shortcut to the VZW online store for when the Passion is released.

Upvote 0
Ya...have endured my razr for a few years and can't wait to migrate. If I can manage waiting this long, another month or so isn't gonna kill me. Methinks I'm going to try not to lock myself in for so long next time.

Have some droid owners around me crowing about their latest greatest. If HTC delivers, it will be nice to have bragging rights again until something else trumps that. :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
I'd rather have your LG Dare than my HTC/t-mo Dash :(

Never even seen the Dash (except photos). I love my LG Dare, but I am itching to get into the android arena, and the Passion is the way I want go.

I can't imagine how badly some of you must want this phone. I have an iphone, that already does everything I need (except google navigation), and I CAN'T WAIT FOR THIS PHONE!!! I waste how much time everyday on the forums...?!?

One of us...One of us...One of us...

Upvote 0
Well I'd say it's a little closer to:

-Sense UI vs. Droid's Android flavor
-Touch screen solo vs touch screen + physical keyboard
-Faster processor vs 1/2 the speed processor (Of course clock speed isn't the be all end all of the phones performance

I'm really really leaning towards the Droid. I played with the Eris so I imagine the Bravo to be the Eris on speed. The little trackball is almost unintuitive for me...can't figure out when I should be touching vs using the trackball or if it's really at my own discretion lol.

Upvote 0
Well you won't get it tomorrow either. Few weeks maybe, few months, probably by then, but NOW, or tomorrow, not very likely. I want mine yesterday, but I'm still dragging this LG Dare around, waiting, dang-it.

Yeah, well my Dare fell into the void and since it's an older phone, they gave me an enV Touch. It's slightly nicer than my Dare, but I miss the Drawing Pad. The thing left this dimension last month, can you believe it? My NE2 is up 02/01/2010... We'll see what's out then. I was hoping to pick something up that had been out for atleast a month, though.

Upvote 0
Well I'd say it's a little closer to:

-Sense UI vs. Droid's Android flavor
-Touch screen solo vs touch screen + physical keyboard
-Faster processor vs 1/2 the speed processor (Of course clock speed isn't the be all end all of the phones performance

I'm really really leaning towards the Droid. I played with the Eris so I imagine the Bravo to be the Eris on speed. The little trackball is almost unintuitive for me...can't figure out when I should be touching vs using the trackball or if it's really at my own discretion lol.

I've been playing with my wife's Eris off and on for the couple of days she has had it and the only thing I'm aware of where you HAVE to use the trackball is taking a picture.
Speed isn't something you really notice unless your phone is really laggy which the Eris isn't. I just compared to two major selling points of the phones. Sense makes the world of Android much better. Its like comparing hospital vanilla ice cream to Haagen Das Pomegranate Chip.

Upvote 0
Can you pick up a working one on ebay or something for like $20? That phone is ancient.

I actually just took mine in and they marked it no water/physical damage. I'm calling Technical soon to get a replacement for the next two months. I'm hoping they send me at least a Touch Pro or something newer than this thing. It'll serve as a transition from TouchFLO -> TouchFlo3D -> SenseUI

Upvote 0
Sense UI is basically a skin over the standard Android OS, (which I don't really have a problem with, the standard UI is nice and snappy)

I do wish the Droid had more than 3 home screens though things could get cluttered after awhile!

Not really it is a suite of MUCH better apps and core app replacements. It destroys Android 2.0 native with multitouch browser, much better predictive multitouch keyboard, better unified mail app with multitouch viewing, much better and more useful widgets, lockscreen music control, much better music player and picture viewer, multitouch document viewer, significantly better camera software, better dialer with smartdial. Compared to sense the Native OS on Droid is an embarrassment. Sense +2.0 on the droid would actually make it a decent phone. Eris is bad because HTC used it to unload it's old Qualcomm processors.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones