• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories I want this case!

Bug Splat

Android Enthusiast
May 28, 2010
Why does the iphone get all the cool toys? Is there any other case for the Dinc thats machined out of aluminum?

ElementCASE
Banner1.jpg

ROFL

I bet its Aluminium only because of the Antenna issue's lol, they are trying to make the phone pickup a better signal by including a aluminium case :p

- well its true -

You don't set out to make things if people arent going to buy them, when you know there are millions of these iPhones out there - you have a pretty solid chance that you're going to sell stuff...

When you have a product for a phone thats barely sold a million or so - you know the longevity of the product isnt there - just because its from a company that discontinued their last phone that was out barely a year.

As far as it being aluminum, I don't think thats going to help the antenna issue as much as it will will help get the phone off the fingers in the specific spot that causes the signal issue.

Upvote 0
Why would you want this case? It offers no shock absorption at all. I would expect the shock from a realistic drop to transfer from the aluminum case straight to the phone itself, causing as much damage as dropping the phone when it's bare.

I thought the same thing but it says that there is some sort of g-shock absorbing gel inside of the case. Also aluminum is a very soft metal and will absorb some as well.

Irregardless, I wouldn't want to wrap it in aluminum since there are much more impact absorbant materials, silcone and plastic, that would protect my phone much more.

Just my $0.02

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones