1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support I want this phone but transfer apps from old phone to this one

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jonny772, Jan 1, 2012.

1. jonny772

jonny772 Well-Known Member
    None

Jan 20, 2010
    I really want this phone, after some searching I still cannot find how to transfer all my apps to the nexus. This concerns me. Sorry if this isnt the right forum. I am coming from a droid incredible which I like, but I always like the new device. Thanks for the help

Advertisement

2. ryguy5254

ryguy5254 Well-Known Member
    None

Dec 27, 2009
    If you were rooted, and is now rooted with the Gnex, you can use Titanium Backup.

Otherwise, just download all your apps to the new phone. Its better that way so that you can weed out apps that you might not need. Lastly, copy all the app files that you need and move it to the new phone.

3. jonny772

jonny772 Well-Known Member
    None

Jan 20, 2010
    so the data can be transferred just like a flash drive. Sorry I am still sort of a newbie when it comes to these phones, but i am hoping with something more advanced I can delve deeper into tweeking the settings.

4. pool_shark

pool_shark Android Expert

Aug 21, 2010
    Male
    Infrastructure Engineer
    Ohio
    As a previous poster stated, if you are rooted you can use titanium backup to backup all of your apps and if you root your new phone you can use it to restore them and their current settings.

All of your paid apps will be installed on your new phone anyway since paid apps are tied to your google account. The exception being apps that are no longer in the market or are not compatible with the new phone.

If you are not rooted you can use ES file explorer or astro to backup the apps apk files and install them onto your new phone, but the current settings will not get backed up or restored.

5. jse2480

jse2480 Member
    None

Dec 18, 2011
    Albany, NY
    If you're coming from a Droid Incredible, I believe that when you sign into the Nexus with your Google account, it will automatically download all of your registered apps from the market.

You will have to set them all back up though, as it wont transfer the data or the settings within the app, but you shouldn't have to search for and download each one from the market.

6. darkuni

darkuni Android Enthusiast
    None

Yeah, no root? No app DATA. Apps reinstall from the market (automatically or manually).

But ... if you have Pictures ... Videos .. documents ... etc. on your SD card, you will need to move them off and move them back on to the Nexus (there is no SD slot, so you can't just move your SD card over).

7. AdrianC14

AdrianC14 Android Expert
    None

Dec 29, 2009
    California
    I just went on my computer and went to the desktop version of the app store, then looked at my list of apps and downloaded them from there.

8. blake247

blake247 Well-Known Member
    None

Tags: