• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help I want this phone but transfer apps from old phone to this one

jonny772

Jan 20, 2010
I really want this phone, after some searching I still cannot find how to transfer all my apps to the nexus. This concerns me. Sorry if this isnt the right forum. I am coming from a droid incredible which I like, but I always like the new device. Thanks for the help

As a previous poster stated, if you are rooted you can use titanium backup to backup all of your apps and if you root your new phone you can use it to restore them and their current settings.

All of your paid apps will be installed on your new phone anyway since paid apps are tied to your google account. The exception being apps that are no longer in the market or are not compatible with the new phone.

If you are not rooted you can use ES file explorer or astro to backup the apps apk files and install them onto your new phone, but the current settings will not get backed up or restored.

Upvote 0
If you're coming from a Droid Incredible, I believe that when you sign into the Nexus with your Google account, it will automatically download all of your registered apps from the market.

You will have to set them all back up though, as it wont transfer the data or the settings within the app, but you shouldn't have to search for and download each one from the market.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones