1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

I want to buy a Verizon Wireless Note 4 full price. Best place?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by PetiePal, Oct 22, 2014.

1. PetiePal

PetiePal Android Expert

So I tried to order the Note 4 from Verizon Wireless' site. Of course you can order the phone full price, then they try to push the More 4 plan on you, and trick you into an upgrade or into signing a new contract.

I have a Note 3 now. I had a Note 2 prior to that. I got both from Verizon Wireless full price. (Note 2 I had shipped to my hotel at the time because I was on a 3-month business trip, Note 3 I did a walk-in to Verizon a year ago). I tried to get some online assistance on my site until I realized the rep had no idea what she was doing and was leading me through an upgrade.

Is there ANY site I can order the VZW compatible Note 4 for full price or should I just walk into Verizon Wireless tomorrow and make sure they don't screw with my account? I just want to purchase the device, and pop my own SIM in.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Podivin

Podivin Android Expert

Personally I'd go with Best Buy. They have no vested interest in doing anything with your Verizon account if you pay full price.

3. timelord65

timelord65 Android Enthusiast

Just go into a Verizon store and buy it full price. They can't force you onto any plan. Just buy then activate on your current line. Best buy too, will cost a bit more but you can finance it with a best buy card.

4. question729

question729 Android Enthusiast

That, and you get reward points at Best Buy so you can buy more junk you don't need. :)

5. Canesfan

Canesfan Android Enthusiast

Saw today that for switching to Verizon, they will give back a total of $350 per line. This includes $200 for the trade-in plus another $150 rebate.

Is this what some have previously referred to? This, as far as I can tell, is a brand new promotion. My apologies if this is a well-known or duplicate factoid.

6. Pertinax

Pertinax Member

Yep, that's the promotion I took advantage of.

7. Canesfan

Canesfan Android Enthusiast

Does anyone know if this offer (the extra $150 rebate) can be used at BB in conjunction with their promotion?

8. m3incorp

m3incorp Well-Known Member

lol People are having problems with the BB promotion as it is. Doesn't hurt to go to your nearest BB and ask, since they all tend to give different answers. OH and good luck with getting a Verizon version at BB anytime soon if you haven't pre-ordered.

9. Now I know the note 4 with two year contract is 299.99 before tax now, but with accesories and tax how much was your grand total? I have verizon but your welcome to say your price from other carriers.

Edge versus 2 year contract? which is better off?

I know that after edge just to pay for the service is 45 dollars a month before tax.

10. Beetlesauce

Beetlesauce Newbie

I pre-ordered my phone at a verizon store. Got it Thur. Ordered at full price - $699 + tax. I would have used Best Buy especially to get the instant $200 rebate but their price was $749 and the sales guy said even though they will sell to me off contract, they won't price match verizon unless I signed a new contract. So I stayed with my verizon pre-order.

11. You could also order the phone and put it on a new secondary line on your account.

Call up and cancel the secondary line and pay the termination fee.

You will come out $50.00 cheaper than just paying full price for the phone.

This is what I'm thinking about doing.

12. m3incorp

m3incorp Well-Known Member

Hmm Let's look at this You paid $699 plus tax at Verizon.

Best Buy cost $749 plus tax BUT they give you an INSTANT gift card that you can use on the purchase. That makes it $549 plus tax. So, even though they didn't pricematch, they were still cheaper than Verizon.

YES YES YES the $200 GC can be used to purchase the phone. Now I've heard some people saying they can't buy full price anywhere....so of course it depends on the store you are dealing with....as there are many who have paid full retail.

13. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations!
    VIP Member

Pre-ordered mine at Verizon.com and got it Wednesday. Checked the enclosed paperwork VERY CAREFULLY to make sure that my plan had not changed, that my unlimited data was intact. But now I'm about 95% convinced I'm going to send it back, eat the restocking fee and get the Note 4 Developer Edition from Samung.com. Anyone else in the same boat?

Sucks because I already put my screen protector on it :p

14. Beetlesauce

Beetlesauce Newbie

Hmmm, m3incorp, not sure what math you are using. First, in California the tax is on the full retail price of a mobile phone and not on the discounted price.

So at BB 749 + tax = 823. Minus $200 BB gift card = $623.
    At Verizon 699 + tax = 759. Minus Samsung $200 rebate = $559

Paying $559 sure looks a lot better than $623 even if I have to wait a few weeks for the rebate check from Samsung. I'm sure you are clearly aware that many of us buying the note 4 are only pre-ordering to get the samsung $200 rebate.

So, tell me again exactly how Best Buy is cheaper than Verizon.

15. twister6

twister6 Android Expert

I don't think you are going to get $200 rebate if you are buying it at full price. Here is how it works. With BBB you trade in ANY phone and you will get $200 GC (to spend only at BB, which I don't consider a real money in your pocket). At Verizon you trade in your phone at it's fair value and submit receipt to Samsung to get the remaining balance to add up to $200.

In either cases you only get a rebate if you are upgrading your plan or switching to EDGE which they're pushing on you like crazy. But if you are planning to buy N4 at full price, that's all that you will pay at BB without GC. At Verizon, they will still give you a trade in value for your old phone, though it's going to be half of it's fair value. So what makes sense is to buy it from Verizon at full price of $699 + tax, and then sell your old phone on eBay or some other place. Example, Verizon offered me $100 for my Note 2 while I can sell it for close to $200 elsewhere. Again, this is what made sense to me since I paid a full price in order to keep my unlimited data plan.

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Note 4 release date was October 2014. Features and Specs include a 5.7" inch screen, 16MP camera, 3GB RAM, Snapdragon 805 processor, and 3220mAh battery.

October 2014
Release Date
Reviews