• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root I want to flash a rom but how do i back up my contacts, pics, messages etc?

so im going to flash evolvedrom sense 3.0 but im a little lost on what to do regarding backing everything up?
note i have not yet flashed any rom! im just rooted.

Well 1st do a nandroid backup sync your contacts with google settings accounts& sync click your google account then sync contacts and then when u flash the rom sync it your contacts will return on ur phone...for apps use titanium backup from the market and as for messages not sure

Upvote 0
Well 1st do a nandroid backup sync your contacts with google settings accounts& sync click your google account then sync contacts and then when u flash the rom sync it your contacts will return on ur phone...for apps use titanium backup from the market and as for messages not sure
thanks man! i appreciate it, one other thing is when i use titanium backup and when i flash the rom its tb isnt going to restore everything? just what i select and choose to restore?

Upvote 0
I agree with what everyone said so far -- use TB for backing up apps+app_data only -- and I will just add:

To save all your SMS & MMS, use SMS backup+ (saves all your texts under a gmail label "SMS")

If you want to back up music playlists, dictionary, bookmarks, and alarms, use My Backup Root (it gives the option to backup more than those I listed, but just be careful about anything you don't really need backed up to avoid conflicts between roms).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones