1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

i want to go back to 2.3.4

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by fadial3raqi, Dec 27, 2012.

1. fadial3raqi

fadial3raqi Newbie

hi guys
    can anyone tell me how can i go back to version 2.3.4?
    or give me any roms for 2.3.6 because i can only find roms for 2.3.4

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. SacredBloodlin

SacredBloodlin Android Enthusiast

I wouldn't go back to 2.3.4 if someone paid me. 2.3.6 has much better battery life among other improvements. As for 2.3.6 roms, most of the later ones are based on that build. I recommend OA2.3 as it is the most stable.

3. fadial3raqi

fadial3raqi Newbie

can u give me some links i tried to look but didnt find any & thnks for ur advice

4. qandres12

qandres12 Android Expert

well heres a sticky for all the available rom we have except new few that havent been added onto the list but those are on the first page of thread so they can easily be found. this thread is really obvious to find
    http://androidforums.com/admire-all...-things-root-guide-updated-09-dec-2012-a.html

and if you really want to go back to 2.3.4 then here but like Sacred said I wouldnt go back either. after being on the 2.3.6 i like it better than 2.3.4. I actually feel the improved aspects of it. its just seems much smoother to me idk. I get less problem
    http://androidforums.com/admire-all...-cwm-backup-odin-returning-stock-2-3-4-a.html

5. snake557

snake557 Well-Known Member

Is it possable to go back to the EHO2 baseband from say FF18 without having to softbrick the phones modem and what would be the easiest way to do this ?

6. qandres12

qandres12 Android Expert

no not with this phone you cant. the whole idea is possible but no one has done this considering the MetroPCS has only ever had 3 different baseband. the original was when it first came out, EH02 was when it got better and FF18 was the official update. the baseband EJ02 from the cricket version is completely different. anyways having the new baseband in the 2.3.4 is much better cause it allows you to keep the new radio improving the phone

snake557 likes this.
  7. snake557

snake557 Well-Known Member

so req0 built from the ej6 baseband or am i just assuming that? i do know that update was not supported by metropcs on there phones. it was the generic version used outside the U S.

8. qandres12

qandres12 Android Expert

yes i believe this is true. its been awhile since ive been on CM7 but if in the settings it says EJ0 and whatever number was next, 2 or 6, idk then yes he probably build from that. in fact any roms that are 2.3.6, or in CM7's case 2.3.7, before august 2012 are all based on the that generic update

snake557 likes this.

Samsung Admire Forum

The Samsung Admire release date was September 2011. Features and Specs include a 3.5" inch screen, 3MP camera, GB RAM, processor, and 1600mAh battery.

September 2011
Release Date
Reviews