• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I want to keep it but.....

detti

Dec 24, 2009
i've had my moto droid for 27 days, which means I'm almost to the 30 day point. I DO like this phone but im having doubts on why i should keep it. Is there a better phone capable of this one offered thru Verizon? I need the opinions of the Veterans out there, if you guys and gals wouldnt mind. Please and thanks

The Nexus-One will be on Verizon in the "Spring" through Google. Some still think that HTC will have an in-the-store device to sell (Bravo/Incredible) but nothing official is out yet. The performance will be similar to the Droid. So if you like the look/feel/keyboard of the Droid, you should keep it. If you want more of an iphone form factor, return the Droid and wait for an HTC/Google offering.

Upvote 0
From every post i have read of people leaving BB for Droid they are nothing but happy.

as far as something "better" i don't really know what else you want. the droid is getting 2.1 and flash just like the nexus one. all you are gonna be missing is the snapdragon but it's not really anything i'd wait on and since there is no official release date you could be waiting a lot longer then you think. also it's going to be sold through google so who knows what the price will be or if it's going to be subsidized.

the droid is awsome and has all the hardware power to run pretty much anything the nexus one can run. i'd keep the droid man and look forward to all the cool new updates to come.

Upvote 0
i've had my moto droid for 27 days, which means I'm almost to the 30 day point. I DO like this phone but im having doubts on why i should keep it. Is there a better phone capable of this one offered thru Verizon? I need the opinions of the Veterans out there, if you guys and gals wouldnt mind. Please and thanks

I am in a similar situation. I have had the Droid since christmas eve and I am satisfied with it but I have heard that the iPhone 4G for Verizon is coming out in late June ( If you want to wait that long). The iPhone 4g is supposed to include an OLED screen, GPS, standard Headphone jack, 32GB, and a removable battery. So I am unsure if i should wait for the iPhone 4G or stick with this Open Source Android OS.:thinking:

Upvote 0
If you mostly make phone calls and check email, and u prefer a phone to pretty much work out of the box, bb is "better".

If you want better apps, better browser, better gps while taking compromises on messaging and phone dialing, try the droid. Just note that u may have to spend time tinkering with app downloads to get the droid to your liking.

I disagree that a BB is better with email than the Droid. BlackBerries at one time used to be the best at email but things have changed since the new crop of smartphones have hit the scenes. BB is fast to receieve but it still struggles with HTML emails, I hated always hitting "Get Images" even though my BB was set to "Download Images Auto".

Upvote 0
I am in a similar situation. I have had the Droid since christmas eve and I am satisfied with it but I have heard that the iPhone 4G for Verizon is coming out in late June ( If you want to wait that long). The iPhone 4g is supposed to include an OLED screen, GPS, standard Headphone jack, 32GB, and a removable battery. So I am unsure if i should wait for the iPhone 4G or stick with this Open Source Android OS.:thinking:
I have not seen anything on this info anywhere. Nothing is solid yet including release dates. Till verizon or the manufacurer say anything its all wishfull thinking.

From what motorola said they are going to be supporting the droid for a long while.

As for customizing the droid home screens there are a bhunch of home replacements to help with that. But if you wait a few weeks android 2.1 will be out and it has 5 screens and a whole new 3d interface. I ran the ported version and I'm stoked for the official release trust me it will make you all giddy again :)

Upvote 0
i may get banned from this site for asking this but is a bb any better?

You want a phone better at what?

If you want a phone that has a particular capability or feature, then maybe it'd be easier to point you in the right direction. Otherwise, this phone is about the best there is, unless you want to move to something with no keyboard or wait until spring when new phones come out.

Upvote 0

Of course it will have GPS, standard headphone jack, 32 GB, the 3GS had all of those features. A removable battery is not likely. No iPod has ever had a removable battery, and that is not a feature that a high enough percentage of people care about for them to change the way they have always done things. I am sure that the 4G will offer background apps without jailbreaking because that is a big deal.

Apple has reached a deal with Qualcomm for chips that will allow iPhone to work on EV-DO networks (Verizon). Verizon has said publicly that their network is ready for the iPhone. And AT&T exclusivity ends in June, everywhere else in the world Apple uses multiple carriers. This summer we will have the iPhone on Verizon and I guarantee apple will make improvements to keep them ahead of the competition. It took 2 1/2 years for anyone to catch up, now apple will do what it needs to do to stay ahead. I can't wait to see the 4G iPhone!

I am keeping my Droid until this summer, then I will get either the Verizon version of the nexus one or the iPhone, whichever is better. I just can not stand having a phone with a keyboard. This is 2010, keyboards have been outdated since July 2007!

Upvote 0
i may get banned from this site for asking this but is a bb any better?

If your not solely looking for a browser as good as the Droid, then yes the Storm 2 is a very nice phone. I got one recently and have been switching it out duty wise with the Droid. I actually like alot of things about the Storm2 more but also love a lot about the Droid.
I may be the minority, but i love the click screen and type faster and more accurate on it than with any phone i have ever owned, from the Droid to the Iphone and (literally every phone in between)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones