1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

I want to learn...

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by snehaseeli, May 6, 2012.

1. snehaseeli

snehaseeli Lurker
    None

May 6, 2012
    Hello -

New to the site and new to forums period. After hopping around for a few hours I'm finally comfortable enough to land here and say hi.

I came here because I downloaded an app that told me I wasn't rooted...rooted? hmm? intriguing.... After my journey through your little community, I've gotten just enough facts to now be dangerous; and I looking to become a maniac! So bear with me if I misstep now and then until I get the hang of this.

I have found this forum so far to be filled with unlimited knowledge and I appreciate that you are here.

Well, off to do more research before I take that "rooted" plunge.

Thank you for the time you've all put into this.

Advertisement

2. 9to5cynic

9to5cynic Android Expert
    None

Feb 20, 2011
    /home/
    Hi! Welcome to the forums! You are right, there is a whole bunch of knowledge left on these forums. And personally, as a rooted user, I'm glad to see other people look into it.

And doing a lot of research is a good thing. Especially with rooting the phone. I swear I read the Evo Root guide three, or four times and watched a few youtube videos of people doing it before I felt gutsy enough to do it. It's a blast.
    I'm guessing you've already found this link, but if not, here's the root section for your Ascend - http://androidforums.com/ascend-2-all-things-root/

But, as I post that I see you've posted there already :D

Welcome and have fun!

snehaseeli likes this.
  3. snehaseeli

snehaseeli Lurker
    None

May 6, 2012
    Thank you...like you...not confident of what I'm looking at...but I'm going to keep going until I have this down!......

I love tech!