1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

I want to let the forum know

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by bosox2k1, Aug 11, 2010.

1. bosox2k1

bosox2k1 Android Enthusiast

that Dark Matter was unbelievably helpful in helping me setup ADB. He contacted me on AIM and went through step by step with me and I want to thank these boards and more importantly, Dark Matter, for taking his time and your time to help me. I really do appreciate all the help I have gotten from these boards. Tremendous.

Thanks Dark Matter!!!!!!

Dark Matter likes this.
  2. bobomatic

bobomatic Android Enthusiast

its nice to see people taking the time to give a little extra help!

3. john0821

john0821 Android Enthusiast

where is my thanks for posting on the forum which bumps useful threads... haha jk

i love this and other droid forums.. very useful info with helpful people!

4. deftdrummer

deftdrummer Android Enthusiast

<---------- hates cliffhanger / allusive thread topics. Think about it. Vagueness seeks to elicit thread interest, yet destination unknown actually repeals thread interest. Save for myself, who came here anyway to make this statement. Just sayin.

5. copr165

copr165 Newbie

I'll second that. I have been helped tremendously by these boards and what we have all learned together. Thanks to all. I love my X and Incredible.

6. pman219

pman219 Well-Known Member

Agreed.
    I have a hard time placing whether it is arrogance or just assumption that everyone knows as much as the poster does.
    But thank you to all the helpful people here.
    It has made my transition from BB much smoother !

7. bosox2k1

Wow, grow up if you have a hard time dealing with a thank you post that has an "allusive" thread topic. Learn to hold the trigger and not post when it is not necessary. You clicked the link and it took less than a second to load and 10 seconds to read.

Let me retract my statement and say 98% of this board has been helpful while there are still those people who can be complete jerks.

8. zandroidx

zandroidx Member

I'm glad you got ADB set up, but what is it?

9. bosox2k1

I don't know the technicalities of it all, but it basically let's you access your phone's internal memory and most basic folders...I don't know if that is a great explanation, but it's how I know it!

10. zandroidx

zandroidx Member

Oh, I understand now. adb.exe from the Android SDK. Great!

11. 2horses

2horses Android Enthusiast

Does that mean it's rooted? I'm still trying to put all the pieces of that puzzle together, but not looking to actually *do* it - the rooting, I mean.

12. bosox2k1

You don't need to be rooted to use adb. I am rooted but I wanted to install adb stuff for over clocking. Not complete...gotta trouble shoot tonight!

13. JediZombie

JediZombie Well-Known Member

HEY! Don't crack wise.;)

Motorola Droid X Forum

The Motorola Droid X release date was July 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, TI OMAP3630 processor, and 1540mAh battery.

July 2010
Release Date
Reviews