1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

i want to log off gmail, not delete it!

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by RrTT, Jul 20, 2017.

1. RrTT

RrTT Newbie

why do i get the option to logoff/sign out (whatever) from gmail on my laptop, but not on my s6, or any other android device? i don't like having open programs just 'floating around.' it seems the only solutions i see are removing the account from your device. but then aren't i also losing everything associated with that address on my device? if that is the only way to accomplish a true logoff, would i then have to re-set up gmail each and every time i wanted to use it? i must be over-thinking this, right?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. K Rize

K Rize Android Enthusiast

Go into your system settings and under accounts turn off sync for gmail, then go to applications and wipe data for gmail. This will ensure that everything in the gmail app is cleared from your device and no more information is sent to it. You could also disable it if you do not plan on using it

RrTT likes this.
  3. RrTT

RrTT Newbie

belated 'thank you' for your answer. just now read, so haven't had the chance to try either of your suggestions. THANK U!

Gmail

Gmail Forum

com.google.android.gm

Gmail is an easy to use email app that saves you time and keeps your messages safe. Get your messages instantly via push notifications, read and respond online & offline, and find any message quickly. With the Gmail app you get: • An organized inbox - Social and promotional messages are sorted into categories so you can read messages from friends and family first. • Less spam - Gmail blocks spam before it hits your inbox to keep your account safe and clutter free. • 15GB of free storage - You won’t need to delete messages to save space. • Multiple account support - Use both Gmail and non-Gmail addresses (Outlook.com, Yahoo Mail, or any other IMAP/POP email) right from the app.

READ MORE
March 16, 2020
Last Updated
Rating
5B+
Installs